Conwy - December/January time

• Thread starter Deleted member 21258
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21258

just back from the club, weather now updated to be heavy rain from 6am to 3pm :eek:, will check in the morning by 9.30 with the club and update the thread, to check if the course is open and playable, as would imagine a few hours of heavy rain may close it?:(

D

Deleted member 1740

just back from the club, weather now updated to be heavy rain from 6am to 3pm :eek:, will check in the morning by 9.30 with the club and update the thread, to check if the course is open and playable, as would imagine a few hours of heavy rain may close it?:(

The forecast doesn't look good at all, I know it tends to drain pretty quickly but if reports are correct re standing water on greens it's only going to get worse.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The forecast doesn't look good at all, I know it tends to drain pretty quickly but if reports are correct re standing water on greens it's only going to get worse.

I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Looking very doubtful.

If its been standing water on a links today, plus heavy rain from 5.00 am, I reckon its too big a gamble. I'll check in at 9 tomorrow on here, but only a 30% chance I'll take the gamble.

Shame, but I'm willing to go again in the coming weeks, if this doesnt go ahead.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We've sacked it chaps, due to that weather. Me, stu and Dave mc, that is.

Hope the course holds out for those that go for it, but deffo up for a knock in the next few weeks there, if we sort it again.

Thanks to Darren for organising.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21258

Course is open, 15th in temp and very wet, just spoken to pro shop.

We have snow here and due to be heavy for the hours.

Greenbay, Nashy, Everty, we are still going to come, if you want to play ? (if you don't let us know in the next hour). Just in case we get stuck in snow, we have okayed it with the pro shop that you can book in with the tee time in our name and just pay guest rate of £15. :thup:Think course maybe dead:rofl:

For the liverloopers, I think that say its a no goer and we rearrange for the next few weeks, as would ne nice to meet you lot:thup:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen a tweet from head greenkeeper saying course open but wet in places. 15th is also on a temp due to water on green. Watching golf on tv in bed seems more attractive.

D

Deleted member 21258

Just to confirm 100%, me and adam(think Joanne would rather do then ironing:rofl:) are definitely going and will play at least 10 holes if not all of them. We are calling itTerrible Turnberry training:clap:

I believe Nashy is still going, Green bay is going to turn up as well. Not heard from everton.

Will hopefully leave about 10am and arrive at 11.30-11.45 depending on snow conditions up the road. See you there whatever your names are :eek:oo:

My mobile number is 07555 176739

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks to Darren, Joanne and Adam for hosting and Nashy for the game. Thought we were in for a right drenching but there was only heavy rain for about 5 holes. Not sure what was happening when we played 11 but the wind was so warm you'd have thought it was the middle of summer. The round took just over 3 hours as almost everyone else had been scared off by the forecast.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks to Darren, Joanne and Adam for hosting and Nashy for the game. Thought we were in for a right drenching but there was only heavy rain for about 5 holes. Not sure what was happening when we played 11 but the wind was so warm you'd have thought it was the middle of summer. The round took just over 3 hours as almost everyone else had been scared off by the forecast.

Glad to hear you got away with it.:thup:

Was there any standing water on the greens?

I'm probably free this coming Sunday, what condition was the course in generally?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Glad to hear you got away with it.:thup:

Was there any standing water on the greens?

I'm probably free this coming Sunday, what condition was the course in generally?

There was quite a bit of water on the greens, especially the last. A lot of the pins were placed on the high points, where possible, and there were probably about five greens where water was a problem. The 15th was also a temp, less than 100 yards.

Overall the course was in pretty good nick considering the amount of rain there has been in the last week. Most of the bunkers seem to be GUR as they are having work done on them or are flooded.

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site

I will second that, I really enjoyed it and the course held up very well with the amount of water it had on it. Tough conditions today with the wind and rain. I would like to play it in the summer to see how it plays when it's hard and fast.

D

Deleted member 21258

Really glad we drove over, really enjoyed it and cough cough kind of got lucky with the weather, only got soaked to the skin for 5 holes:rofl:

That was freaky weather up the 11th, very strange felt like someone had turned the heater on:confused:

Thanks GBH and Nashy for coming almost millionaires golf and thanks for the drink GBH. Hope to have another game with you both, in nicer conditions:thup:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I will second that, I really enjoyed it and the course held up very well with the amount of water it had on it. Tough conditions today with the wind and rain. I would like to play it in the summer to see how it plays when it's hard and fast.

Hopefully some of those birdy putts will drop next time.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really glad we drove over, really enjoyed it and cough cough kind of got lucky with the weather, only got soaked to the skin for 5 holes:rofl:

That was freaky weather up the 11th, very strange felt like someone had turned the heater on:confused:

Thanks GBH and Nashy for coming almost millionaires golf and thanks for the drink GBH. Hope to have another game with you both, in nicer conditions:thup:

Perhaps it was the Tradewinds that made their way over from last weeks Sony Open in Hawaii!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 21258

We are probably going this sunday, not 100% at the moment. Not quite sure who out of us would be going, probably all 3, keeping an eye on the weather and got to check with Mum if wishes to come. Not that stops us booking another tee time, would just restrict makeup of groups(ie I would play with Joanne & mum). That said Adam doesn't like playing with his dad/mum, don't think we are cool anymore:rofl:

The course as such is pretty dry, off the forward green tees and greens were rolling fine for time of year but a lot of bunker are being redone. basically winter golf.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We are probably going this sunday, not 100% at the moment. Not quite sure who out of us would be going, probably all 3, keeping an eye on the weather and got to check with Mum if wishes to come. Not that stops us booking another tee time, would just restrict makeup of groups(ie I would play with Joanne & mum). That said Adam doesn't like playing with his dad/mum, don't think we are cool anymore:rofl:

The course as such is pretty dry, off the forward green tees and greens were rolling fine for time of year but a lot of bunker are being redone. basically winter golf.

Thanks Darren, but said yes to a knock at Wallasey in the meantime, so the family outing is back on.:D

I will get over there in the next month or so, though.:thup:

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi Darren, any chance of rearranging this for Feb 10th? I’m down in Wales that weekend. Have spoke to a few of the boys and they’d be up for a game

cheers mate

D

Deleted member 21258

Sorry Saturdays are Mens comps day and no daylight tee times available on Saturday as a result at this time of year, therefore a no goer.:(