Considering the current 2m social distancing, how many players to a Tee when we restart?

With how many playing partners would you feel safe to share the tee?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, speaking as a fit 72 year old I would rather they chose the overweight male category as they seem to be in the high risk camp.
That should cut the 1st tee queues quite dramatically.:love:
What about the under weight they are just as unhealthy.? :p
Where will it end the tees will be empty if we keep categorising everybody.
Surely playing golf if your obese will help you.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not quite, that's 36 people on the course at any time, at the rate of 12 per hour - and maybe 24 for the 1st 90 mins if a 2 Tee start is available).
I agree that 4-balls aren't difficult to manage social distancing in, but GB72's comments about the number of households involved is a sound argument for 2-balls only - at least in the first instance.
That's what I said.....12 people starting every hour.

Have you got a degree in pedantry?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why isn't 4 an option. In the main we were playing in 4 balls before the lock down and maintaining social distancing, there were a few who seemed to be incapable of social distancing regardless of the number in the group.
Because you were asked to vote on,
'With how many playing partners would you feel safe to share the tee?'

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's what I said.....12 people starting every hour.

Have you got a degree in pedantry?
Nope, quite the opposite. Background is Stats, where, for my area, 'trends' were more important than 'instances'.

Any 'pedantry' probably comes from IT, where the '1 in a million chance' happens, on average, about once per hour when processing 25M transactions/day! Personally I prefer 'precision', but hey-ho!

And, perhaps pedantically, but hey-ho, that's NOT what you said! ;):D

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

Nope, quite the opposite. Background is Stats, where, for my area, 'trends' were more important than 'instances'.

Any 'pedantry' probably comes from IT, where the '1 in a million chance' happens, on average, about once per hour when processing 25M transactions/day! Personally I prefer 'precision', but hey-ho!

And, perhaps pedantically, but hey-ho, that's NOT what you said! ;):D
Excellent, so you are fully qualified in 'precision' but clearly not in interpreting what is quite clear in front of you.

Now please do me a favour and don't respond to any more of my posts, it's quite tiresome and with this whole lockdown thing my patience is wearing a bit thin.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Well if this is the plan....... https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-drafts-5-step-21986668
then we should be on 4 to a tee-time if they're going to allow five-a-side footballers to play & 6 to 8 weeks golf missed. :mad::mad:
I certainly hope that is incorrect. I can't see it being end of June before courses reopen especially as unlimited exercise would be allowed from Monday. Courses in Ireland reopen on the 18th May, we could hire a coach and have a forum meet over there o_O

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The guidelines recommend 2 balls at 10 minute intervals but I'm sure they also say that this is up to each club to decide what works best for them.
I know Whipsnade are planning 3 balls at 15 minute intervals.
Size of tee boxes, greens and walkways will be a factor in each club's decision
I suspect the majority will go with the guidelines.

What guidelines

This is the guideline from England golf,no mention of numbers

Consider increasing the time between tee times to allow for easier social distancing

•Consider restricting number of players in a group

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
3 balls shouldn't be an issue with suitable time between tee times to prevent congregations at the first.

Personally I'm not comfortable at this stage of the virus to be playing in groups any bigger than a 2 ball.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
3 balls shouldn't be an issue with suitable time between tee times to prevent congregations at the first.

Personally I'm not comfortable at this stage of the virus to be playing in groups any bigger than a 2 ball.

how many people are there in an isle of a supermarket with no open spaces or fresh air, and come within 2m of you, even if just passing by?

Visit site
Well said Fish. I've stated this exact point more than once, on a different thread, and was rudely shouted down by certain forum members, since Supermarket shopping is deemed essential, and obviously golf is not.
However, it's not going to make any difference. We are not going to be on our golf courses any time soon. I am of that opinion, but goodness knows how the Government expect the Police Forces to actually police the sheer volume of the public doing exactly as they wish over the remainder of May.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Looks like family members only anyway and then I guess it comes down to club by club policy and whether they insist on 2 balls which seems to be EGU guidance (AT THE MOMENT) so if you have a big golfing family I can't see 3 or 4 balls being allowed yet.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like family members only anyway and then I guess it comes down to club by club policy and whether they insist on 2 balls which seems to be EGU guidance (AT THE MOMENT) so if you have a big golfing family I can't see 3 or 4 balls being allowed yet.

Looks like household members not family members so I cannot golf with my mum and she cannot play a round with her grandson.