Confused with Cobra irons

Foreplay

Medal Winner
Visit site
I was interested in Cobra Fly Z irons then reviewed Cobra F6 irons, then saw Cobra Max irons & now seen Cobra XL irons in American Golf, my dilemma is they are all roughly the same price and all appear to have similar specs & looks, anyone out there who can recommend one over the other, think Cobra have gone a little overboard in the last few years with the amount of irons they produce that don't seem to differ much.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Haven't got an answer to your specific dilemma but I will say I've just aquired a set of 'King Cobra 3100I/h' irons, all I can say is 'nice' real nice, shall be looking to Cobra for my next set of stix, they produce some tidy looking irons too... :thup:

ps, Titleist are the parent company by the way...

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Haven't got an answer to your specific dilemma but I will say I've just aquired a set of 'King Cobra 3100I/h' irons, all I can say is 'nice' real nice, shall be looking to Cobra for my next set of stix, they produce some tidy looking irons too... :thup:

ps, Titleist are the parent company by the way...

You posted this before I think, I guess you mean Acushnet? If so it may have been true when those irons were released, but not since 2010.

To OP

I think Fly Z were from 2015. The MAX I think will be the SGI options. Agree though lots of options!

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The cobra max irons are the newest set. They are aimed at lower swing speed players. They are light weight clubs aimed at helping the slower swingers get the ball up with decent carry. I hit them and they are so easy to hit and feel decent go. I am going to a demo day tomorrow and I am looking at the fmax one length irons.

Foreplay

Medal Winner
Visit site
The cobra max irons are the newest set. They are aimed at lower swing speed players. They are light weight clubs aimed at helping the slower swingers get the ball up with decent carry. I hit them and they are so easy to hit and feel decent go. I am going to a demo day tomorrow and I am looking at the fmax one length irons.

Let me know how you get on.

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Let me know how you get on.
I ended up with the fmax one length irons 7-SW in graphite
I realy liked the one length concept and was getting decent gapping through the set.

The fmax irons are super easy to hit and I was getting decent height on them which I struggle with . Looking forward to getting them

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
You posted this before I think, I guess you mean Acushnet? If so it may have been true when those irons were released, but not since 2010.

To OP

I think Fly Z were from 2015. The MAX I think will be the SGI options. Agree though lots of options!

Rite, bit behind the times then !... :thup:

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I ended up with the fmax one length irons 7-SW in graphite
I realy liked the one length concept and was getting decent gapping through the set.

The fmax irons are super easy to hit and I was getting decent height on them which I struggle with . Looking forward to getting them

Let us know how you get on with'em, real interested in a set myself but can't seem to find any 'real world' reviews on'em, only thing I did find was a set on eBay, looked very much like they'd hardly been used n'all, maybe some kind of omen... :thup:

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Let us know how you get on with'em, real interested in a set myself but can't seem to find any 'real world' reviews on'em, only thing I did find was a set on eBay, looked very much like they'd hardly been used n'all, maybe some kind of omen... :thup:

should have in a week, the thing I like is they are so easy to hit and the mats we were using were not the best and still could hit them well. What I did notice is my carry distance with these we're the same as I get total distance with my current set. So I was 8-10 yards longer. Wher I think I will benefit is in the higher lofted clubs as that's where I struggle.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
should have in a week, the thing I like is they are so easy to hit and the mats we were using were not the best and still could hit them well. What I did notice is my carry distance with these we're the same as I get total distance with my current set. So I was 8-10 yards longer. Wher I think I will benefit is in the higher lofted clubs as that's where I struggle.

Interesting, I struggle with distance a touch myself so may see if the local 'AG' has a demo set to try... :thup:

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Interesting, I struggle with distance a touch myself so may see if the local 'AG' has a demo set to try... :thup:
I also went with the light flex as was getting about 2mph more club head speed and about 2° more launch angle. I was getting about 13 yards more carry and 13 yards more total with the 7 iron than my current set. With the 9 iron I was getting about 9 yards more.

if you get a chance they are worth a hit and a decent price to. I got 6 irons in graphite for £470

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I also went with the light flex as was getting about 2mph more club head speed and about 2° more launch angle. I was getting about 13 yards more carry and 13 yards more total with the 7 iron than my current set. With the 9 iron I was getting about 9 yards more.

if you get a chance they are worth a hit and a decent price to. I got 6 irons in graphite for £470

Not a bad price, I priced a set up on the 'clubhouse golf' website, 460 if I remember rite and you can put a deposit down and pay the rest off over 6 months, think it was 100 down and 60 a month so yeah '460' deffo interested in having a swing or two with one... :thup: