Concession in matchplay

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sure I'm not arguing that point just that maybe out of courtesy you pick your ball up and dont knock it towards the hole when your opponent has not yet completed the hole and therefore the hole is not completed.
prob tried to tap in one handed rather than a proper putt, must happen a lot;)

mikseymono

Assistant Pro
Visit site
to recap....just don't putt it when given...pick it up.........you might hole it but you also may miss it, so don't show them you can miss a tiddler...because cometh squeaky bum time later on...they will remember that short missed putt and you WILL be asked to putt that 2 footer............ and we all know what happens next.......

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We had a situation yesterday when one player hit his put towards the hole on the 6th, missed the birdie but it was less than a foot away so he just walked up to it and took it away. It was a summer 4ball match, and one of the ladies he was playing said "We didn't concede that, it's our hole" and walked to the next tee box...

I understand toys were thrown out of the pram. A lot.

I told him afterwards, it doesn't matter if it should be given, or even if you'd normally be given it, you cant give it to yourself. Ever. Always look, or ask or let them throw it to you.