Coming to my senses and some advice

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you made the right choice. I've had an SGX since they were released and I'm on my 6th now, or could be 7th, I've lost count :confused:, all been replaced free of charge and quickly, so great customer service. I've got to say I really do like the SGX but that level of failures doesn't sit well with me.

I think when they stop replacing it FOC I'll be getting a Garmin unit.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I looked at the garmin S3 also but it's the same price as the g5 and with that I get hazards too.

You get the function to add up to 5 off hazards per hole with the S3 something the S2 and S1 cannot offer plus better screen resolution. I tried the G3 and sold it for the S3 which is far better in my opinion

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The S3 is certainly worth the extra pennies, the scorecard feature is also very good and saves me loads of time on the next tee not having to mess around with pen and paper.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The S3 is certainly worth the extra pennies, the scorecard feature is also very good and saves me loads of time on the next tee not having to mess around with pen and paper.

Blimey, what do you write on your scorecard that takes you loads of time?

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Getting it in and out of my pocket, not being able to find my pen, asking my mate what he got the list goes on. Now while I'm walking to the next hole I press one button touch the screen once and I'm done, don't have to do anything if I make par. My mates the one now messing around with scorecards. Trust me its a lot quicker.

It tells you how many you are over or under and some other information which is also useful.

DaveyG

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Getting it in and out of my pocket, not being able to find my pen, asking my mate what he got the list goes on. Now while I'm walking to the next hole I press one button touch the screen once and I'm done, don't have to do anything if I make par. My mates the one now messing around with scorecards. Trust me its a lot quicker.

It tells you how many you are over or under and some other information which is also useful.

I love the fact it doesn't show your score though when you are putting in for each hole... I start getting abit silly when I realise I am on for a good round

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

In all the countless threads about the cause of slow play, never once have I heard "filling in your scorecard" as a contributing factor :D

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No one said it causes slow play just saves me time doing it between holes and allows me to concentrate on my next tee shot as soon as I get on the hole.

You telling me you have never waited for someone who has the honour on the next tee to mess around with there scorecard first?

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
In all the countless threads about the cause of slow play, never once have I heard "filling in your scorecard" as a contributing factor :D

Proof scorecards do hold up play...

Have you never been stuck behind one of those idiots who stand on the edge of a green filling his scorecard in after every hole holding your next shot up???

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
No one said it causes slow play just saves me time doing it between holes and allows me to concentrate on my next tee shot as soon as I get on the hole.

You telling me you have never waited for someone who has the honour on the next tee to mess around with there scorecard first?

I'm only joking with you Daveyboy, as I said, Each to their own. But in answer to your question, no I don't think I have. In roll ups, we have one card for the group and I normally mark it. In comps, I can honestly say that I have never wished someone would hurry up with their card marking. If it saves you time though then its all good

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm only joking with you Daveyboy, as I said, Each to their own. But in answer to your question, no I don't think I have. In roll ups, we have one card for the group and I normally mark it. In comps, I can honestly say that I have never wished someone would hurry up with their card marking. If it saves you time though then its all good

Do you not get bored asking for everyone's score? I know I do it does my nut in, by the time I've filled in the scorecard with everyone's score they have took there tee shot and ready to go. I haven't even looked at the hole yet lol :rofl:

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Anyway, back on topic...

I never considered a GPS until I saw one in action, at that point I knew it could be a game changer and so far it has. Did I mention my 4 birdies in my last 2 rounds on the PGA! ha ha :rofl:

You will love the Garmin mate :thup:

Jay Gee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
You get the function to add up to 5 off hazards per hole with the S3 something the S2 and S1 cannot offer plus better screen resolution. I tried the G3 and sold it for the S3 which is far better in my opinion

The hazards are all pre-loaded on the G5.

Either way, the G5 at £110 is a cracking purchase and you wont regret it.

Where did you get the G5 for £110? I thought I'd done well at £135 after 15% extra discount (£159 currently).