Comic Relief

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Anyone doing any fundraising for Comic Relief this year?

Pretty standard in the office here - my team have organised a cake sale. So far raised £280 between 5 of us though - not too bad!

I'm passing off my mums carrot cake cupcakes and chocolate and walnut brownies as my own! She retired last year and has done nothing but bake ever since - they flew off the trolley and I'm currently a very popular guy :cool:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
280 between 5 of you on cakes? wow!

My kids made cakes last night to take to school for a bake sale, and bought them all a nose. thats me done.

G

guest100718

the films they show are so sad I cant see how anyone can watch and not donate.

G

guest100718

Do what i do, record it and fast forward those bits. Seriously, i know what horrible stuff goes on in the world, i dont need (or want) to see it.

Yeah I might hit record and start watching an hour later.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I've bought 5 red noses and will also make donations, but I know what you mean.

However, it's a small price to pay if it doubles, trebles or better what they would get without showing the harsh realities.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I donate to comic relief and also enjoy the sketches - but what is it with the official song this year? I appreciate Sam Smith is the man of the moment but what happened to great comedy songs like Hale and Pace with The Stomp? This years song is so depressing!!!!

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Made loads of cookies and cakes for my daughters school Comic Relief sale today, wife has donated to Dermots dance thingy, will be watching tonight but only until the golf comes on, then I'll donate my tenner and bugger off upstairs.

I agree with the fundraising element of it, but I can't stand watching it TBH.

C

c1973

I wonder how much money has actually been raised in total over the years?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Few activities going on around the hospital today so gave a few quid. Not a big fan of the TV show and while I'm sympathetic to the plights of those in films I'm another that doesn't need to see them to appreciate the need of the cash raised by Red Nose

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Quality joke from John Bishop there about his bike ride from Paris to London, "I didn't want to do it. I was going to get the train home but some Chelsea fans wouldn't let me on".

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Quality joke from John Bishop there about his bike ride from Paris to London, "I didn't want to do it. I was going to get the train home but some Chelsea fans wouldn't let me on".

John Bishop and Quality Joke are two things that dont go together, unless you put "lack off" in front of the phrase.

Got to be one of the worst 'comedians' out there

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
John Bishop and Quality Joke are two things that dont go together, unless you put "lack off" in front of the phrase.

Got to be one of the worst 'comedians' out there

Only in your opinion. The fact he is a multi millionaire and tens of thousands of people go to see him live every year and he keeps getting booked for TV shows means that a lot of people find him funny. I'm not a massive fan of him but do like some of the stuff he's done.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
HiD just picked up the phone and did the biz.

Sad that there's been no Ricky Gervais this year as his spot last time was great. But what a total (hate the expression but nevertheless) 'legend' Peter Kay is. £5.5 million from his Phoenix Nights shows last month.:clap:

Has as there been any news on Ted Robbins since he took bad on the second night of the run? Heard he was on the mend.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Only in your opinion. The fact he is a multi millionaire and tens of thousands of people go to see him live every year and he keeps getting booked for TV shows means that a lot of people find him funny. I'm not a massive fan of him but do like some of the stuff he's done.

He was decent on League of their own,but a bit like Michael Macintyre & Peter Kay now. IMO