Combo irons Vs Hybrid irons

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A Combo set is, normally, a combination of 2 or more types of iron head making up a set.
Blade(ish) irons for the short ones (8,9,pw) and a more forgiving cavity back for the rest.
Sometimes you see blades, small CB and deep CB heads in a set
A hybrid set is exactly that...a full set of hybrids instead of irons
I believe Eleven do a set of hybrids right down to the wedges...

kuchingvet

Visit site
A Combo set is, normally, a combination of 2 or more types of iron head making up a set.
Blade(ish) irons for the short ones (8,9,pw) and a more forgiving cavity back for the rest.
Looking at the Cleveland HB Turbo iron set, they seem to be a cross between Hybrid and Combo.

kuchingvet

Visit site
Yes,
but it's better to seek explanations at a pro shop
than on an internet forum
if you truly want a helpful, comprehensive explanation.
Yes,
I'm not looking to buy, just interested, the Cobra TRail are described as combo irons but they look same as Cleveland HB Turbo which I think are described as Hybrids.
Yes,

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looking at the Cleveland HB Turbo iron set, they seem to be a cross between Hybrid and Combo.
A pp has these. Dead easy to hit, gets the ball up in the air very quickly. If you struggle with your irons, struggle to get the ball in the air with them, these are worth looking at.

kuchingvet

Visit site
A pp has these. Dead easy to hit, gets the ball up in the air very quickly. If you struggle with your irons, struggle to get the ball in the air with them, these are worth looking at.
Many years back I played a set of Adams Idea Hybrids, they were so easy but as I progressed I moved on to normal cavity backs. Can't say they improved my game much and I'm guessing these latest hybrid/combo sets are a step up from the old Adams, who I think were among the best of the early hybrid manufacturers.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A few years back I also had the Adams Idea Irons.
The heads on the longer irons were hollow much like todays driving irons (from what I have see)
In the past I have also had Nike pro combo irons and the heads in the longer irons were just full cavity back
Personally I went with TM rescue mid in the end because I hit them a lot better.

kuchingvet

Visit site
A few years back I also had the Adams Idea Irons.
The heads on the longer irons were hollow much like todays driving irons (from what I have see)
In the past I have also had Nike pro combo irons and the heads in the longer irons were just full cavity back
Personally I went with TM rescue mid in the end because I hit them a lot better.
I 'revisited' Adams recently, tried my pp's Adams V-tech but much preferred my TM M2 irons. A bit chunky but so easy to use.