Collection of course planners/Strokesavers

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Over the years I have acquired a large box of course planners... thinking of getting rid of them as they only take up space in the cupboard...

Do you think there is more mileage in Ebay-ing them individually, in small batches or as a collection?

I bet most of you have a similar box somewhere , or will the younger ones have one and it's all Laser/GPS these days! :)

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I'd hazard a guess that most will have zero value, but your best bet might well be listing them on the for sale forum here asking for charity donation and cover of postage. Obviously more prestigious courses may fetch a worthwhile fee but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There are clubs who have stopped producing course planners as virtually everyone has a GPS of some description these days....
A dying breed?

D

Deleted member 23344

I collect course
Over the years I have acquired a large box of course planners... thinking of getting rid of them as they only take up space in the cupboard...

Do you think there is more mileage in Ebay-ing them individually, in small batches or as a collection?

I bet most of you have a similar box somewhere , or will the younger ones have one and it's all Laser/GPS these days! :)

I collect course planners from courses I play as souvenirs, but lots have stopped doing them coz of GPS. If I sent you a list of those that I have been unable to find, would you be willing to let me know if you have any of them, please? Happily pay you a good price for any you might have. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 23344

Good idea. Thanks.

List in attached photo.

Attachments

• 304A68EB-11E2-44C3-9282-16A45E7A55A2.jpeg
    304A68EB-11E2-44C3-9282-16A45E7A55A2.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 56

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have over 100 which I have collected over the years. Every time you play the St Andrews, Carnoustie and Turnberry you get one with your scorecard so I have lots of duplicates. I tried putting a few on Ebay a while ago, but got no response.

D

Deleted member 23344

happy to check what I've got if any lists appear.... definitely played Gatton, Bramley and Skylark. will check box later to see if I have the books!

Thanks Ian ... that would be much appreciated.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I collect course

I collect course planners from courses I play as souvenirs, but lots have stopped doing them coz of GPS. If I sent you a list of those that I have been unable to find, would you be willing to let me know if you have any of them, please? Happily pay you a good price for any you might have. Thanks.
Back of the line son.

D

Deleted member 23344

I’ve got an Oxfordshire one if u want it just cover the postage

Thanks Neeko, but is it Waterstock? You may have misread the table ... each named course has the county it is in alongside it.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Good idea. Thanks.

List in attached photo.

I was at Lewes last Monday. No course planners in the pro shop, don't think I've ever seen one in there if I'm honest. Also have a mate that lives round the corner from Skylark. Happy to pick one up next time we go round if you'd like?

D

Deleted member 23344

I was at Lewes last Monday. No course planners in the pro shop, don't think I've ever seen one in there if I'm honest. Also have a mate that lives round the corner from Skylark. Happy to pick one up next time we go round if you'd like?

Thanks for the offer Hairball, but the reason I need them is because those courses stopped producing them before I played them. So they are no longer available at the courses.