Cold sores

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi gang, I had a really stressfull day at work Wednesday, I even broke out in a sweat! Woke up thurs bottom lip covered in cold sores :( any sensible suggestions for speeding up healing required so I can take my head out of the paper bag, tried Zovirax it seems to make them worse. Ta.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Zovirax or something similar applied as soon as they appear will shorten the course a bit. Otherwise just need to ride it out.

Stress and sunlight are two well known triggers.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I get them and I reckon if you Zovirax(or similar) them they last about 2 weeks.
Leave them alone and they're gone in a fortnight!!

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
My wife gets them and she uses something called a biostick its basically a very bright red light that she puts against it when it first starts - I don't know why but its stops them in there tracks

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I get them occasionally, the best advice I could give is to eat and drink as "easily" as possible, stretching the skin round your mouth hinders the healing process. Try not to eat with spoons and straws help for drinks instead of cups and glasses.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Guys is this Forum turning into NHS 24, in all honesty is this a joke. If you've got cold sores go to Boots the chemist and ask the girl behind the desk for advice.

Sitting here shaking my head at this post

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Steve, have you seen some of the crap in this section of the forum? I don't see anything different in my question and as it happens I have had some really good advise and found a product that I have not seen before and have bought. I thought that was what a forum was for, plenty of golf on the main section.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Woke up thurs bottom lip covered in cold sores

I'm too polite to ask what you were dreaming you were doing, and to who - but you can tell us if you want :D :D

Hope they clear up soon. They are not nice.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Woke up thurs bottom lip covered in cold sores

I'm too polite to ask what you were dreaming you were doing, and to who - but you can tell us if you want :D :D

Hope they clear up soon. They are not nice.

I wish I could report something suitably graphic, not the case though :(