Cold ball goes further.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
YouTubers TXG have shown that a cold ball actually goes further than a warm one
We, obviously, don't swing as fast as Matt in the video so the difference will be less bit it does suggest that the theory of warming or keeping your ammo in the warm before you play is flawed.
The major difference will be down to the colder air and the extra layers you wear that restrict swing speed.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
TBF i don't ever tend to keep the ball warm, it is all about the air temp for me... Up here a prem ball goes nowhere in cold conditions. was playing with a mate who was Po poing our experiments with soft balls over the winter last year, now is asking about what we were using when our drives were up near his and in summer he is well past us.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mark Crossfield did a test with Weisberger I think it was on swing speed with extra layers of clothing on.
Apparently it didn’t make a blind bit of difference

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Mark Crossfield did a test with Weisberger I think it was on swing speed with extra layers of clothing on.
Apparently it didn’t make a blind bit of difference

Probably got fitted!

Not like most of us that buy a bargain off sale hoping it fits right 🙃

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Golf is becoming like all those food studies you get from 'scientists'. One week red wine makes you live five years longer, the next week it gives you cancer. It's hard to keep up.

I think I'll probably just keep my golf ball in my pocket in between holes like always?

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf is becoming like all those food studies you get from 'scientists'. One week red wine makes you live five years longer, the next week it gives you cancer. It's hard to keep up.

I think I'll probably just keep my golf ball in my pocket in between holes like always?

Be more like me and hit your ball into the woods and find a new even colder one to play with!