Cobra Speedzone S? Any experience with this model?

rystaman

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm in the market for a 3W (don't currently have one in the bag) and was originally looking at the Cobra King F9 and saw on an email that AG had a sale on a Speedzone S FW - https://www.americangolf.co.uk/golf...olf-king-speedzone-s-fairway-wood-399363.html

I definitely misread and missed the S off the first time I looked at it, I went and hit it today just to get a feeling and was decent enough (however with the typical AG pushy sale tactics), but I remember Rick Shiels did a review on the F9 vs F9s so I'm kinda apprehensive at purchasing.

Does anyone else have experience with this and the difference between the OG Speedzone?

Cheers in advance

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Rick Sheils said they were alright in his review didn't he? Not much drop off in quality? It was the new Taylor Made M4 stuff that he said wasn't a patch on the original.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think Rick Sheils said they were alright in his review didn't he? Not much drop off in quality? It was the new Taylor Made M4 stuff that he said wasn't a patch on the original.

That Speedzone S driver looked like it had a slightly older face - I have the F6 and from memory, it looked like that face had been used in the newer driver head to create the S model. For most of us, these are fairly minor differences when it comes down to club performance.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That Speedzone S driver looked like it had a slightly older face - I have the F6 and from memory, it looked like that face had been used in the newer driver head to create the S model. For most of us, these are fairly minor differences when it comes down to club performance.

I’ve just check online as the face looks the same as my speed zone (rolled edge) and not the same as my f8 so the face tech seems current

rystaman

Visit site

Rick tested the F9 and F9s didn't he? Rather than the SZ and SZ-S. Think it was a higher spinning face and lost about 10 yards on the distance.

I think my apprehension is that I can't find much about this "new" release and wonder if there's anything else different than the original.

Price-wise in a stiff shaft I'm looking like:

New - £159.99
Used SZ - £130.00

Not sure if a club that I'm not 100% sure on the makeup is worth the extra £30...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rick tested the F9 and F9s didn't he? Rather than the SZ and SZ-S. Think it was a higher spinning face and lost about 10 yards on the distance.

I think my apprehension is that I can't find much about this "new" release and wonder if there's anything else different than the original.

Price-wise in a stiff shaft I'm looking like:

New - £159.99
Used SZ - £130.00

Not sure if a club that I'm not 100% sure on the makeup is worth the extra £30...
My apologies. I hadn't realised they'd done this with the F9 and the Speedzone as well. How strange.

rystaman

Visit site
My apologies. I hadn't realised they'd done this with the F9 and the Speedzone as well. How strange.

I think that's what I'm concerned about there's barely anything online about the complete differences of the two. Looks like it's "brand new" for this year but at a lower price point (perpetually on sale though)

rystaman

Visit site
My understanding is the S versions are price point products using previous tech and potentially stock. They did similar with the amp in 2012

Interesting, I did some more digging into descriptions and found the following differences:
  • No Arccos Sensor in grip
  • No Infinite Face Logo (not sure if this means it's a different face than the OG)
  • Modified CNC milling process to reduce cost
  • Helium shaft rather than a Tensei AV Series
Not sure on what the difference in the shaft would produce but makes me think about what else is different between the two...