Cobra Darkspeed

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The latest from Cobra popped up on my FB today. They look stunning. I'll bet most reviewers will say they are amazing. But a thought struck me. Why don't these designers just design the best club they can and leave it at that? Lol.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Because what is best now won’t be best later. Advances in technology, manufacturing, etc means hat things advance - just not at the rate golf club developers make out

Newtonuti

Visit site
I do like the look of the new Cobra, but the reviews for the new Ping driver are saying it's absolutely miles ahead of the other new big sticks. I might even be tempted to give it a blast and see if it's any good compared to my SIM2.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I do like the look of the new Cobra, but the reviews for the new Ping driver are saying it's absolutely miles ahead of the other new big sticks. I might even be tempted to give it a blast and see if it's any good compared to my SIM2.
If it is forgiveness (and decent performance) Ping are hard to beat.
Love my 430 LST.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a self-confessed Ping "fan boy" even I can't justify that Ping driver cost. According to the Crossfield review, the Ping G410 also obtained that magical 10,000 MOI mark which is the model I have so can't see too many reasons to change

I'm with speed zone (although I did change the head from Xtreme to normal last year at a cost of net £40) , I am tempted to try them but I doubt I'm going to suddenly gain 30 yards .

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My understanding was the Titleist range is the one to beat. All the results in isolation are meaningless.
Also it should be a selection based on what is best for you not what it looks like or brand.
Looking at it I wouldn’t spend that much with out some form of fitting or optimisation process.