Cobra amp cell / amp cell pro shaft

coley167

Medal Winner
Visit site
I need a bit of advice regarding the shafts in the above drivers.

I own an amp cell driver with the standard fujikura fuel stiff flex shaft and the myfly adaptor allowing the loft to be adjusted from 8.5-11.5 degrees with 2 draw options.

I've been finding this shaft a bit whippy recently so have been considering a change of shaft.

I went into a local golf store today and they had a 2nd hand amp cell driver with a kurokage 60 extra stiff shaft in. After hitting it on the range I decided this shaft seemed to suit my swing better so purchased the club. After getting the club home and playing with the adjustability, I realised that the adaptor allowed adjustment from 7.5-10.5 degrees with 2 fade options.

After doing a bit of internet research, it would appear that someone has put a shaft from an amp cell pro into a normal amp cell head.

My question is, how will this work regarding adjustability? I guess the fade setting won't work as the clubhead isn't built for a fade bias? The club is currently set to 9.5 degrees. Would this actually be 10.5 degrees as the adaptor isn't designed for the head?

I hope that makes sense, I just can't work out how the adaptor would work with a head it isn't designed for. Any answers would be greatly appreciated