Club length

stuartc1401

Visit site
Hi, I am new to the golf world and getting ready to art with some hard earned cash on my first set of clubs. At 6'2'' will standard length shafts be too short for me? Thanks

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm not a club fitter unfortunately but standard may do you but "may" need an upright lie on them, sorry not much help but don't want to give you misleading info.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
At 6'2'' will standard length shafts be too short for me? Thanks

Not necessarily.

If you Google Ping fitting chart you will find an excellentnchart that, with a few basic measurements, will give you an excellent basic set of requirements.
Don't panic too much about 1 degree of lie, or 1/2" of length, but any more and you should definitely pay attention when you make your purchase.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the game.

stuartc1401

Visit site
I appreciate your time and consideration. I will probably be able to try some with my local club and get some advice as I don't want to waste money. Thanks

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I appreciate your time and consideration. I will probably be able to try some with my local club and get some advice as I don't want to waste money. Thanks

yep seek out a Pro & ask

the fact that you are 6' 2" may mean the club length needs to be a tad more than standard but again maybes not - shaft length can affect set-up posture in a ways that makes a whole bunch of stuff in the swing motion cause the game a tad more difficult than it need be

could always take a couple of trips to some stores & try out some irons in a fitting keep a note of what the verdict is (would get more than one fitters take) then that info plus any info gained from a teaching pro should give you both the kind of club heads to look for & what spec would be optimum for you - then if you search the used clubs online you get narrow down what clubs would be the best fit

I'm a tad taller than you & my irons just a tad longer than standard - iron length can also mean the wrong lie specs so posture gets compromised from the get-go

https://pluggedingolf.com/much-lie-angle-matter-golf-myths-unplugged/

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am 6’1” but have always played standard length shafts .
It depends on your wrist crease to floor measurement.
If you have long legs and normal arms you may need longer shafts .
I have regular length 31” inseam legs but slightly long arms so regular is ok.
Before you buy anything get fitted it will make a difference.