Clock face

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
I use it and find it works well

I use a 7.30,9.00 and 10.30 swings with my wedges so i get 9 different distances easy enough

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
For my 9 and 10.30 swings i grip the club normally as i hit down a little too much so this shallows it out and i get consistant spin

The 7.30 i choke down and its more of a all in one swing with my weight on the left all the way through

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've given up. I can "physically" swing it to about three places but the distance the ball travels is almost the same, unless I don't set the wrists, in which case I can judge 30-50 yards quite well. Anything between 50 and full SW (80) is a pointless waste of time....

If I have 60 over a bunker, I'll crank open a SW and send it up to collect snow.....

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to agree with RUuk. I'm fine with the 10.30 and 9 o'clock swings but the 7.30 is a real struggle. I have a real tenedency to either decelerate and hit it fat or lift up and hit it thin. Even when I'm striking it well there seems more distance variance where some will go30 odd yard and then others will go 20 or 35 and the swing feels no different in terms of speed or length

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have to agree with RGuk. I'm fine with the 10.30 and 9 o'clock swings but the 7.30 is a real struggle.

I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one! (Obviously it's not great for either of us!!)

I only had two "tricky" distances today. One was a 65-70 yard, which I played with a SW, choked down and back in the stance and medium swing, worked out fine, easy two-putt territory (15 foot max). The other was a spot-on 100 yarder (to the middle) at the 9th (329 today). I tried to go easy on my PW and peached it out the middle, over the back, by 10 yards.... :D :D must have gone 120!!!
Managed par, but only just.

I just wish every round was a simple.....I got close enough on the long holes to require just a simple chip n run from 10 yards short or so. :)

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
As discussed on 2 wedge thread, this something I will do when I fill my bag. I have a fair idea with my PW and SW. Dont carry anything else yet.

Just on an aside I was out for a few holes this evening, (didnt get to the range Bob but took on board your advice and was happy enough with my play,thanks), I took with me a photocopy of my course stroke saver and spent a fair bit of time pacing out yardages around the green from about 70 yards in so when I do complete my bag with new wedges I will have all the needed distances required it will then just be a case of hitting the ball.......I found this info quite interesting and a real help as its a very important part of the short game. On the stroke saver it doesnt have all the sprinkler head yardages on the hole so I have added them plus some other points bunkers whin bushes etc. I will transfwe this info onto the original strokesaver and then laminate it so I dont cant be blamed for slow play..... who needs GPSsssss

Anyone else here do anything as mad as this....

Sorry that was a bit long winded.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know my 58 goes 30-33 with a 9 o'clock and 40-43 with a 10.30. A full 58 is 50-54

My 52 goes 60-65 (tad more run) with a 9 o'clock swing and 70-75 at 10.30 and 80.85 on a full (as measured into a slight headwind using Titleist pro V's taking the mean average and with SC5 for all those wondering how I can be so sure!)

I have to be honest and say my pitching has come on a bundle since I had a lesson and got a much more reliable technique and so I can look at my SC and see whats left and feel confident over the ball. That to me is half the battle with the short game