Cleveland Huntington Beach putters

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,
Anyone game one of these?
I have been looking for a new putter for a while (and have tried A LOT) and recently noticed these. Milled face, classic looks and relatively cheap. Not a brand renowned for their putters and I don’t know anyone gaming one. There also appears to be 0 use on tour-but as putters go these don’t seem hugely different from SC, Toulon etc but at a fraction of the price. I get they don’t have the ‘name’ but is that it or am I missing something-are these as good a deal as they look?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm going to be getting one for my wife soon, every review I have read is really positive. They look great as you say and the price is right for me

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I have the #1 and have had it nearly a year. £70 from AG and it's a lovely putter to use. It looks just as good as anything out there, lovely soft feel off the face, nice audible feedback.

I thoroughly recommend them.

putter.jpg

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use one of their TFi putters and like the feel off of the face. The cost is reasonable and I would certainly recommend that people consider trying out the Cleveland putters.

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
I have just ordered the Huntington Beach 4 (more squared off version of the answer style). It looks great and is a whole lot cheaper than any other new milled faced putter-if Scotty released one of these (without the insert etc of the new ones) I can’t imagine how much they’d charge... time will tell but hopefully it will work for me!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I am using a previous incarnation - I think it is the Cleveland Classic. Probably got this around 2012 or so.

It is very similar to the Huntington in head shape and the milled face is the same as in Deano's pic. Recently went back to this after getting an Odyssey Versa a few years ago. Found the Cleveland great for longer putts in particular and love the simple design.

Very happy to recommend and will recommend Cleveland equipment in general. Possibly the best bang for your buck. I have a few wedges, hybrids and a 3 wood that are all Cleveland, as well as the putter.

Remember, when you buy a Scotty you are paying for the marketing and paying Jordan Spieth, Justin Thomas, Ian Poulter etc. who are getting big retainers for playing Titleist equipment.
Cleveland's highest profile guys are Keegan Bradley and Graeme McDowell, that I can think of. But there will be a few more. They won't be quite getting the same retainers as Spieth and JT.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always fancied on of these putters but they are never in AG when I go so never have pulled the trigger. Really happy with my Rife putter that I currently have in the bag, first milled putter I have tried and really like it.

clarke_111

Medal Winner
Visit site
The pro point was one of the interesting points about this and came into my head as none of the srixon players use srixon putters-McDowell, lowrey, Knox and Bradley are all srixon/Cleveland guys using other brands-mind you they may get paid for using a different putter... and not that tour use of the be all and end all in terms of quality, but was interesting

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
The pro point was one of the interesting points about this and came into my head as none of the srixon players use srixon putters-McDowell, lowrey, Knox and Bradley are all srixon/Cleveland guys using other brands-mind you they may get paid for using a different putter... and not that tour use of the be all and end all in terms of quality, but was interesting

I think it's quite common for guys to have a 13 club deal and a lot of them will change putters throughout the season when they feel like a wee change or simply don't want to change from something they've always used.

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
I use a milled Cleveland that i bought from AG years ago for £50. Lovely for the money and I have struggled to find anything to replace it in the bag.