Cleveland Classic Custom XL shaft help required.

Pritchar77

Visit site
Folks
I have just purchased a new Cleveland Classic Custom XL driver. It has a True Temper 55g stiff shaft. Regardless of the loft a set the adaptor at I am getting too much spin off the tee. I normally have a mid flight, this is much much higher, its either a ballon flight, or a plane take off flight.
I migrated from a TS2 with a Tense Blue stiff shaft. Any thoughts ?

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The miyazaki shafts (which am sure would have been an option originally) have their nifty shaft coding system, so that may be a route to experiment with.
Can you tell where on the deep face you are hitting?
What made you leave the TS2 and did you like the tensei?

Pritchar77

Visit site
Iain, thanks.
I hit the face mostly high toe side, now trying a slightly flatter lie, as for the TS2, owned it for almost 2 years served me well as did the tensei but I just prefer a deep face. Just started browsing eBay for Miyazaki's, but I would be guessing on which is best for my swing. SS 100, tempo fast from the top.

Any advice is appreciated, I love the head on the Cleveland just feel losing yards because of the spin, ball flight I get from this True Temper shaft.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Iain, thanks.
I hit the face mostly high toe side, now trying a slightly flatter lie, as for the TS2, owned it for almost 2 years served me well as did the tensei but I just prefer a deep face. Just started browsing eBay for Miyazaki's, but I would be guessing on which is best for my swing. SS 100, tempo fast from the top.

Any advice is appreciated, I love the head on the Cleveland just feel losing yards because of the spin, ball flight I get from this True Temper shaft.
I'm not qualified to give advice, but happy to chat on a forum ?
See if this is interesting
https://mygolfspy.com/shaft-review-miyazaki-b-asha/

As it happens when I was last fitted I was prone to hit a bit steep & add dynamic loft. I was given the tensei white with a 8.5 head.
I mostly just pat the ball but have my "sneaky long" moments when the course is drier ?