Cleveland CBX Wedges.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys & gals.
I was just wondering whether any of you have experience of the Cleveland CBX wedges, especially the 60º version as I'm sorely tempted as I've only heard good things about them.
Cheers :thup:.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Probably no help at all but I have the cavity RDX Rotex 2.0 56 and it feels like it's much more lofted so definitely get a hit with one before parting with any cash, you may not need the full 60 Degree model.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Cleveland are excellent wedge makers and while I've not used that model I can see no reason why there would be any problems. I personally don/t like a 60 degree and it costs me more shots than it saves but if you're more adept than me go for it, especially if you get a good price. RRP looks around £119 but clubhouse golf doing it cheaper

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I changed from vokeys to these this year and over the summer have liked them in practice... for my level give me a bit more confidence to commit and be aggressive in the strike

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I changed from vokeys to these this year and over the summer have liked them in practice... for my level give me a bit more confidence to commit and be aggressive in the strike

That's what I hoped to hear.
What's your level? I play off 17.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't comment on the 60° model but I have CBX in my bag. They feel very similar to the RTX 3 I had before and look very similar too from address. So much more confidence for the strike though and still a little opportunity to open the face to change the loft slightly.

Have been looking at adding a higher loft to my bag too.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm with BT currently have a 54 in the bag, looks great & very versatile and confidence inspiring for chipping around the greens. looking at adding the 58/60 for the sand soon to replace my SM6 58

I've suffered from 100yrds in for years with bladed wedges giving me no confidence so NO BRAINER for me to change.

£99 seems to be the latest price around, I paid £119 from AG double trade in last year.

Big Bandito

Hacker
www.stevenagegolfclub.com
I've got the 50 and the 56. I am the exact target audience for these clubs. I was using Cobra PUR wedges, which, if I am being honest, were too difficult for me to hit (I'm off 15). 56 degree is now my favourite club in the bag and as long as I put a decent swing on it I am now deadly from 60 yards! I can think of plenty of reasons to use them and can't think of any why not to, for any standard of player. 60 degrees is a bit saucy for me though.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the 50 and the 56. I am the exact target audience for these clubs. I was using Cobra PUR wedges, which, if I am being honest, were too difficult for me to hit (I'm off 15). 56 degree is now my favourite club in the bag and as long as I put a decent swing on it I am now deadly from 60 yards! I can think of plenty of reasons to use them and can't think of any why not to, for any standard of player. 60 degrees is a bit saucy for me though.

I asked about the 60º as I'm thinking of replacing my Vokey 60º.

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
I see a few using the cb option Cleveland now seem a fair bit more forgiving than the traditional 588.ive always used blade style wedges never thought of cb versions,they may give me a little more consistency with my wedge game

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bumping this as i need to get some new wedges after losing one on the course and being unable to find a decent replacement. OCD will not allow for anything other than a uniform set

Any users still?

Still good feedback?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought a 60° CBX and find it excellent for high, soft shots over bunkers etc..
My technique, on the other hand ................... :oops:.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I cant comment on Cleveland but I bought 2 Taylormade Hi Toe wedges 2 weeks ago and the 60* is just fantastic - well worth a try if you can get hold of one

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just bumping this as i need to get some new wedges after losing one on the course and being unable to find a decent replacement. OCD will not allow for anything other than a uniform set

Any users still?

Still good feedback?

What one did you loose?

I still have a brand in new wrapper 52/10(2 dot) CB
588RTX which I might be willing to part with.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mine are still in the bag, although i am thinking of changing them soon (have been in the bag since their original launch). Never doubted their quality during the whole time, and very confidence inspiring.

They are not just for high handicap players. I've been off from 4 to 6 during the time of having them, and my short game has always been the backbone of my game.