Citroen C1

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you looked at the Hyundai i10?

The new one in my opinion is the best small car out there.

It's amazing for the size and drives like a larger saloon car and has a real sturdy feel about it.

Worth a test drive! (y)

Last edited:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have driven a number of them, the petrol engine is very raspy and no power above 40mph.

That'll be the 3 cylinder engine, they all do that Sir.....;););)
Not a bad little car at all. Reliable, economical, fun to drive (in certain situations!).
I wouldn't hesitate in buying one if my missus needed a small car.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have seen a 2014 one with just over 17,000 but 3 owners. Next ones are 2015 with under 26,000 and under 40,000 but both 1 owner. Any advice. We are looking at doing a PCP.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Have seen a 2014 one with just over 17,000 but 3 owners. Next ones are 2015 with under 26,000 and under 40,000 but both 1 owner. Any advice. We are looking at doing a PCP.
If you are arranging a PCP via a main dealer, there "can" be limitation on the age of the vehicle or the mileage at time of inception.
I know with PSA finance for instance, a car cannot be older than 7 years or have done more than 60,000 miles at the end of the agreement so you are sometimes stuck with having to take out "normal HP".
On the face of it, the one owner, 2015 one with 26k on would stand the best chance of meeting that criteria.
But don't limit yourself to a C1. As others have said, the Peugeot 107/108 and the Aygo are exactly the same car with different badges. Same engines, same reliability etc. For some reason though, people think the Aygo, being a Toyota, will be more reliable!!

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
But don't limit yourself to a C1. As others have said, the Peugeot 107/108 and the Aygo are exactly the same car with different badges. Same engines, same reliability etc. For some reason though, people think the Aygo, being a Toyota, will be more reliable!!

It's called badge engineering I believe, and there are loads around. The Ford Galaxy, VW Sharan and the Seat Alhambra are all the same thing. As well as the Renault Traffic and Vauxhall Vivaro. I remember buying a virtually new Daewoo in my early 20's for a pittance that turned out to be 90% Astra.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are arranging a PCP via a main dealer, there "can" be limitation on the age of the vehicle or the mileage at time of inception.
I know with PSA finance for instance, a car cannot be older than 7 years or have done more than 60,000 miles at the end of the agreement so you are sometimes stuck with having to take out "normal HP".
On the face of it, the one owner, 2015 one with 26k on would stand the best chance of meeting that criteria.

Cheers Smiffy. Aygo's have seen are quite a bit more. Will see what garages have the Peugeot.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Would a main dealer offer the PCP option if this was the case? As you can tell have never done PCP, HP or a lease before.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Would a main dealer offer the PCP option if this was the case? As you can tell have never done PCP, HP or a lease before.

A main dealer would be able to offer PCP as long as the vehicle wasn't too old or high mileage. Having said that, it's unlikely that a main dealer would have a high mileage older car on their forecourt.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
A main dealer would be able to offer PCP as long as the vehicle wasn't too old or high mileage. Having said that, it's unlikely that a main dealer would have a high mileage older car on their forecourt.

Thanks. C1's I posted about above were moth main dealer. Peugot's I've found nearby are dearer.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks. C1's I posted about above were moth main dealer. Peugot's I've found nearby are dearer.
Well Peugeot and Citroen use the same finance company (PSA) so what one offers, the other should be able to match.
I know at the moment we are offering deposit allowances on used 108's and I think Citroen dealers are doing the same on the C1.
If I remember correctly it's £250.00
;););)