Citroen C1

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its made in the same French plant as the Peugeot 106 and Toyota Aygo, so apart from badges, trim fabric and possibly engine they're the same (Toyota say they use their own engine........but I'm not sure;) )
Know someone who had the previous model Aygo, which he found ok for a small 1 ltr car.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
HID had one for about a year, before we moved. It did everything she wanted it to. Never missed a beat and super economical. My only gripes would be the doors sound a bit tinny when you close them, and its a bit noisy at high speed. Great town car but gets a bit breathless when pushed.

We'd have one again in a heart beat but, again, as a second car.

D

Deleted member 16999

Son had an Aygo and it was an excellent little car, very economical, low insurance and never let him/us down.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've had Citroens for 15 years - mine work hard.
Barely a problem with any of them.
I suspect the C1 and the others suffer a little from durability later in life.
They are seem more flimsy than bigger cars and one of my pupils had one that virtually fell apart on her...mind you it was an 06 plate with a hefty mileage.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Had Renaults many years ago and never had problems. Is that a recent thing?

Mrs had a Clio & Megane in the past.
Both had problems with electrics.
Mate works for AA & says French cars are notorious for it.

But every car has problems so hey ho.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My wife has one. We got it partly because it is low insurance for teenagers, my son passed in it and my daughter will start in another 6 months. I've driven it plenty and it is fine. It is tinny, no solid thumps when you close the door, and the stalks are similar. Saying that, they are cheap and you get what you pay for. If you want solid then pay another £6-8k for an Audi a1. If you want to keep more money for yourself then get one, but accept its build quality.

I should add, we've had no issues with ours so it is not as if it falls apart. It's just tinny. Test one, you'll see what I mean.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I've had Citroens for 15 years - mine work hard.
Barely a problem with any of them.
I suspect the C1 and the others suffer a little from durability later in life.
They are seem more flimsy than bigger cars and one of my pupils had one that virtually fell apart on her...mind you it was an 06 plate with a hefty mileage.
Probably same with most small cars.
They tend to get a bit rattly.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My girlfriend has one. It’s now 10 years old and she’s had it from new. No issues bar exhaust being replaced twice.

There very tinny as mentioned above and you can tell they were made cheaply through all aspects of the car.

I’m petrolhead and have had plenty of fast cars but I still enjoying driving my girlfriends car on the odd occasion. It’s incredibly slow and useless on the motorway but brings a smile to your face.

The tax is £20 a year and is great on fuel.

HairyBullet

Visit site
Wife had one for 8 years,its a Toyota engine and very reliable.Never cost us anything (apart from tyres) in all the time we had it,I would recommend them as a second car.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
My daughter learned to drive in the older shape C1, easy to learn in, cheapest car insurance for a teenager, she passed her test, got rid of the older one and bought a newer shape one, she loves it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only way a C1 would get onto Top Gear would be to blow it up or run over it in a tank.

I'll not make it past the audition, no leather jacket in the wardrobe, not lad enough

OOB

Medal Winner
Visit site
Have driven a number of them, the petrol engine is very raspy and no power above 40mph. The auto's are a decent auto box (for a french one)

Roomy in the front but tiny in the back, load space is neat. Perfect 2nd car.