Cinema protocol?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Haven't been to the cinema since pre-covid days, but quite fancy the latest Bond. However I don't fancy wearing a mask for 3 hours, can't see how that would be an enjoyable night out.

What's the norm regarding this? Are folk still wearing masks at the cinema, or has this fallen by the wayside?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've been 5 times since they opened. Some people, fewer and fewer, wear them as they walk into the screen but then all take them off when watching. I've yet to see someone in a mask when the lights come up and the last few times we are the only ones wearing one as we leave (I don't wear one whilst watching the film either).

We go to the Vue at Cramlington.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I went on Saturday. As far as I could tell it was exactly like 'normal'. I didn't wear a mask and nobody told me to.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Seems to be down to personal choice at my local Odeon. I'd rather not wear a mask but if it helps reduce the stench of someone's rancid hot dog from a couple of rows away I might be tempted.

Springveldt

Visit site
Went to see Shang-Chi with my daughter when it came out. Went to a local Vue at Cramlington since it's usually quite and we both wore masks until we sat down then took them off like everyone else that was there. It wasn't opening night (a few days after) and an early 17:30 showing and the place was only a quarter full so didn't have anyone within a 3m radius of us.

Springveldt

Visit site
I've been 5 times since they opened. Some people, fewer and fewer, wear them as they walk into the screen but then all take them off when watching. I've yet to see someone in a mask when the lights come up and the last few times we are the only ones wearing one as we leave (I don't wear one whilst watching the film either).

We go to the Vue at Cramlington.
Love Cramlington Vue, it's always empty apart from opening nights. I've no idea how the place stays open.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We expected bond to be rammed

Went yesterday, 2pm

So many showings was just us and 7 other groups in there

Compare to when I saw superman man of steel it was sold out

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Love Cramlington Vue, it's always empty apart from opening nights. I've no idea how the place stays open.
It was more popular pre-covid, parking could get interesting, but post covid you are spot on. The restaurants in the area are deserted, the cinema is so quiet. I hope things recover as I don't want it to close. I've been quite a bit since restrictions were lifted and I doubt I've seen a film with more than 20 people in with us. That is not sustainable.

Bond might be the thing to kick people back into the habit of going again?

Springveldt

Visit site
It was more popular pre-covid, parking could get interesting, but post covid you are spot on. The restaurants in the area are deserted, the cinema is so quiet. I hope things recover as I don't want it to close. I've been quite a bit since restrictions were lifted and I doubt I've seen a film with more than 20 people in with us. That is not sustainable.

Bond might be the thing to kick people back into the habit of going again?
I've been going since it opened as well and I've just always wondered how the hell it stays open. Would hate to see it close as the only time I venture down to the Silverlink is if I'm going to the iMAX version but most of the time I'm just happy to go to the Vue since it's quiet and with the smaller rooms the screens seem massive in most of them anyway.