Chronicles of a champion golfer Season 2

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Having really enjoyed the first series that aired last year I see The open/R&A/golf channel who ever produced this has commissioned and done a second "series" of this excellent program.

The list of golfers this time is:

Sir Nick Faldo
Lee Trevino
Rory Mcilroy
Gary Player
Padraig Harrington
Henrik Stenson

I have only seen footage snippets from the golf channel but I have been unable to find any dates/times of the UK showings. Sky massively pushed it last year so will assume they are showing it but cant find any info.

Basically this is a information post and also a request post if anyone has any more details.

LCW

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Agree that these are excellent.

Literally found myself in tears watching the Tom Watson one. Recommend any golf nuts watch it.

He comes over as a real gent, and when he was pipped by Cink in 2009, needing only a par to win but after his 8-iron ran long, I was gutted for him even six years after the event. Should've been sport's biggest fairy tale ever.

Last edited:
Visit site

Literally found myself in tears watching the Tom Watson one. Recommend any golf nuts watch it.

He comes over as a real gent, and when he was pipped by Cink in 2009, needing only a par to win but after his 8-iron ran long, I was gutted for him even six years after the event. Should've been sport's biggest fairy tale ever.

+1 its a great bit of viewing the watson episode, love the story of the phone call he got from jack after 2009 open

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I watched Darren Clarke's last night and Mrs Drewster was on the sofa with me doing the online shopping on the laptop. She's not overly interested in golf but is aware of Darren's story and by the end of it was in floods of tears when he went home to his boys. I welled up a bit to be honest too. A really , really good watch if you haven't seen it.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

However many times I watch Watsons 8 iron to the 18th I can never understand why it didnt hold the green,the shot was high and pitched where others previously had held the green,just wasnt meant to be for Tom :(.

Bobirdie

Journeyman Pro
www.williamsdoubleglazing.co.uk

I kind of dislike Cink for this lol. Terrible i know, but he should have let him win lol

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
I kind of dislike Cink for this lol. Terrible i know, but he should have let him win lol

Me too. What a total git!!
Who will ever remember Cink as anything other than a journeyman Pro,:mmm: whereas Watson will always be an all time giant of the game. :thup::thup:

Last edited:

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
They're is something similar on youtube, not sure its exactly the same - the rory one is called making of a champion. List matches up with the OP's though.

Account called Fore Right, they show a lot of champions tour, LPGA, also had coverage of the NCAA stuff a month or so ago.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They're is something similar on youtube, not sure its exactly the same - the rory one is called making of a champion. List matches up with the OP's though.

Account called Fore Right, they show a lot of champions tour, LPGA, also had coverage of the NCAA stuff a month or so ago.

Just had a look at that youtube account. Looks like them, just been recorded off the golf channel by the looks of it. If you put the Faldo one on, it starts the same with the scrolling through the names before settling on on Nick Faldo. Will give them a watch later tonight.

LCW

Assistant Pro
Visit site

You my man are a legend that's absolutely the same series. He probably called them different to stop the youtube copy right from pulling it.

I have my evenings watching sorted now :lol::thup::thup: