Christmas

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Ah right .. U bringing the clubs cold of nice courses around there , Shane lowrys place just down the road , Esker Hills , tough nice track
Nah having a nice family holiday visiting relatives , have played Esker Hills and Tullamore last year - nice courses

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Got the outlaws coming over for Christmas dinner but want it to be a quiet and modest one. Money has been a little tight in 2018 and don't feel it's prudent to splash too much cash we haven't really got and run up debts "because it's Christmas". To be honest as I'm an only child (and no parents left) and my wife's sister is in San Diego, apart from seeing her parents on the day we're use to spending it together. As long as I have her to enjoy it with that's all I need

Wolf

Visit site
Spend the day at the future FiL this year, with Mrs Wolf younger brothers, my little ones and my parents coming round to, be a hectic day but Christmas is all about kids enjoying themselves and showing them that Christmas isn't about the gifts but about having fun together. Won't bother seeing my brother or sister as they're both knobs and believe material gifts and things come before family and they didn't bother seeing my parents last year as they said was to much of an inconvenience..

I don't drink either so for me there'll be no hangover but plenty of sprouts and hopefully a game of golf with my dad

Scholesy

Visit site
Xmas with the family. Heading down to Birchington for a few days leading up to Xmas. Will probably take the clubs and try and get an 18 in at Westgate one morning while the wifey goes out shopping. Always windy there, but not sure it’ll be as brutal as at RCP a week back!

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Swop you for new year in Manchester 😁. Me and Missis T booked it so we could watch City v Liverpool New Year's Day. Guess which game has now been changed to Jan 3rd 😖
Not sure what Christmas will be like this year, but one thing is for certain. There will be no sprouts on Tashyboys plate.

I'm hoping Bermuda will be a sprouts free area..

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
My brother is over from Sydney, so Mum has booked a big house in Oxford for a few days - Mum, 3 sons & wives, and 7 grandkids..... quiet is something it won’t be!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Anyone got any special plans this year or is it a quiet one?
Grinch’s need not respond;)

Hopefully the course will be open and I'll get a game in early then down to a nearby beach-club to laze away the afternoon by the pool with a spot of lunch

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Going to Madeira on the 20th, back on the 30th for a quiet holiday, walking round the island, with the Mrs. I stop work on the 14th at 12.00, and restart on the 2nd, so a nice long break.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Christmas Eve every year get together with my best mates down the pub and have a skinful. Becoming something I look forward to more each year as some of us have moved apart so we don't hang out as much as we used to.

Christmas Day we're going to the in-laws for dinner, then seeing friends in the evening(different friends, these are more on the wife's side).

Boxing Day not much on, will probably pop round my parents to see them, drop off presents etc.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Me and the missus will be taking our yearly jaunt down to Malvern to be with her parents for a few days.
Only PITA is they don’t open presents until after dinner, what’s that all about?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Only PITA is they don’t open presents until after dinner, what’s that all about?

That is wrong, just wrong. You need to take action on that. You get up, you open presents and then you get breakfast.

They must give pretty rubbish presents if the excitement levels are so low that they can wait until after dinner :ROFLMAO:

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Taking the kids to Lapland for three nights on 17th Dec! Very excited, can't wait to see the kids faces when we tell them! Oldest is nearly 8 and she's a deep thinker, questions everything. So the missus and I thought this might be the last year we get to take them while all three still believe. It's not cheap, so hope it's worth it! Anyone been?

Then for Christmas Day itself, we have everyone round to ours. I'm cooking for thirteen in total!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wife has started a new role in a clinic at the hospital, no more working in the ward on Christmas day, Boxing day, New Years Eve, New Years day, or any other bank holiday or weekend..... first time in 10 years that she will not be on duty for some part of the festive season.

Family Christmas day booked at my brother and sis in-law (they do the cooking this year (y)), with my son #1 , his wife and my grandaughter, my dad, my wife and son #2. Bit of a drive to get there, but makes for a nice day out.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Taking the kids to Lapland for three nights on 17th Dec! Very excited, can't wait to see the kids faces when we tell them! Oldest is nearly 8 and she's a deep thinker, questions everything. So the missus and I thought this might be the last year we get to take them while all three still believe. It's not cheap, so hope it's worth it! Anyone been?

We went a few years ago, daughter now 8. We told her on the morning of the flight and she said she'd prefer to go to the zoo :D

She absolutely loved it, it's quite an action packed three days, but meeting Father Christmas was out of this world. Great memories.

You can't fail to have a great time. Enjoy (y)