Christmas Dinner (cost)

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How much is your golf club charging for a members group booking (20+) for a mid week Christmas dinner in December?

Is £25 a head for a 2 course (dinner / pudding) no drinks over-priced / under-priced?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Depends on the quality. To compare to a Sunday lunch out you pay anything from a tenner to £50 or more depending on where you are and the quality of the food.

Around my way, £25 would get me a very good 2 course lunch in my favourite pub restaurant and so I would be expecting some quality for that and maybe a step up from a bog standard carvery.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seniors' Christmas Lunch

Starter - Tomato and basil soup
Main Course - Traditional Turkey with chipolatas in smoked bacon, pork cranberry and walnut stuffing with goose fat roasted potatoes and gravy.
Sweet - Traditional Christmas Pudding served with a brandy crème anglaise
Coffee or Tea with mints, followed by a glass of Port for the King’s Loyal Toast

Free Red and White Wines served at the table

£30 including Seniors' Annual Subs and wine from Seniors' funds

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
JfdaDdd.jpg

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Our Seniors keep having a carvery instead of a traditional Sunday lunch or Christmas meal.
A tiny sliver of meat with veg & potato piled on top on a tiny plate, not to my liking at all.
I prefer a nice juicy chicken breast or a proper helping of thickly cut beef or pork.
Consequently, I now give all the Senior meals a miss & go up the pub instead when they serve a delicious Sunday lunch at a reasonable cost.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our Seniors keep having a carvery instead of a traditional Sunday lunch or Christmas meal.
A tiny sliver of meat with veg & potato piled on top on a tiny plate, not to my liking at all.
I prefer a nice juicy chicken breast or a proper helping of thickly cut beef or pork.
Consequently, I now give all the Senior meals a miss & go up the pub instead when they serve a delicious Sunday lunch at a reasonable cost.
Not a right good right about this!!