Christmas Day Golf

carefreeant

Visit site
Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any courses that are open on Christmas Day? Bit of a long-shot of course but due to personal circumstances I will not be joining the 'traditional' Christmas festivities this year. A couple of us are therefore hoping to find a course that is open and play a round or two on the day.

If any of you know that your local course is therefore open, any suggestions or ideas would be welcome. We are based in Lincolnshire but do not mind travelling.

Thanks in advance

Digger

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think you'll struggle. Our course is open, but only to members as there is no shop or club open to pay a green fee. Perhaps if you find a local course, pop in and see the pro to see if they will take a green fee in advance? Just a thought.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.teeofftimes.co.uk showing a lot open in your area on Xmas day. However, this could be because they haven't yet blocked the date off of their electronic diary, not sure.

What about Forest Pines? The hotel will be open anyway, so maybe they'll keep the flags out for guests?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nairn is open, maybe a bit far to go though;)

i think we even have a fun 9 hole comp on Christmas morning, but never played it myself still be way over the limit anyway, same as the New Years Day, back wards comp

D

Deleted member 1740

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I was wondering if anybody knew of any courses that are open on Christmas Day? Bit of a long-shot of course but due to personal circumstances I will not be joining the 'traditional' Christmas festivities this year. A couple of us are therefore hoping to find a course that is open and play a round or two on the day.

If any of you know that your local course is therefore open, any suggestions or ideas would be welcome. We are based in Lincolnshire but do not mind travelling.

Thanks in advance

Why don't you head up to Scotland and try and get on st Andrews or Turnberry? Nobody will be there to stop you teeing off.

batchworth

Visit site
I would off thought you could just walk onto any golf course on Christmas Day, providing access isn't blocked by gates, and play a round of golf,as no staff would be on duty to stop you.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Can’t see any courses being open.

But I’m at a hotel course so everything tends to be out anyway. There as always been people at the range or on the course on the day.

I play Christmas Day as the missus has time with her family. Christmas Day is my day where i play golf and sim race.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My course is open to members only.

Remember that not all religions celebrate Christmas so I am sure some courses will be open. I would give a few a call and see if they would take prepayment as there may not be anyone in the shop but I am sure it will be playable.

D

Deleted member 15344

I’ll be having a game at 8 with the bro in law 👍