Cheers Bob.... again!!!!

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is the 2nd time i've thanked bob on this forum for helping me out with my swing....

A while ago, i asked what could be causing shanks at the range. Everyone else said it was this or that, but bob gave a different answer - and all this without even seeing my swing!

Last night was my first night/time swinging clubs for close on 4 weeks (due to one thing or another - skiing/weather/food poisoning) and the first 20 or so balls were terrible. 50% of them were low right flyers, the other 50% were massively short of distance and a little of angle. I checked everything, alignment, posture, shoulder turn, set up etc etc and then i remembered what Bob said.

"It'll be your legs"

So, i remembered my legs, kept them as stable as possible through the swing and hey presto! I could hit a ball again. My wedges were accurate, my 8i flew high and straight and my 3 wood was long with a nice draw again.

Funny how it's the small things we remember that makes the difference.

So... THANKS BOBMAC!!! again!

First full round of the year at the new course coming up on Saturday morning and i hope i take the form of the last 80ish balls that i hit last night onto the first tee. :)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Glad to hear you're hitting it better.
If the problems return, go and see your local pro who can see your swing and he will help you out.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Already had a word with him about lessons Bob and he's going to pencil me in once i've got a few rounds under the belt on the new course so as i can see where i need work on :)

Never underestimate the importance of the local pro!!!