cheap clubs

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did anyone see this week that a national store (lidl) where selling cheap club's. I was wondering if these clubs were any good and if any of you guy/gal's have bought or used these?

I'm looking a rescue club as I have nothing between my 3 iron and my 3 wood. Was thinking maybe one of these clubs would be ok.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi guys. I've been sitting quietly in the corner listening, but now feel bold enough to venture a comment...

Depends how cheap they are, but you could just buy one to see?

A bit back, I bought a driver for £6 - ostensibly as a joke (was going to snap it in a fit of frenzy in front a particular partner). Its still in the bag. Not great, but good enough for me who doesn't use a driver much.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Welcome to the FORUM BWM. I love the idea of buying a cheap driver just to snap as a joke in front of your mates. Appeals to my sense of the theatrical. Only problem is you'd be without a driver for the rest of the round. Still might be worth it for the looks on your mates faces... :D

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
TBH i wouldnt even entertain golf equipment unless it was from a decent golf store or made by some one i know. Lidl is a supermarket, and IMO not even a good one at that, cant see them having decent clubs in.... but who knows.

Slaighty

Club Champion
Visit site
Clubchamp, theres an old saying "buy cheap, pay twice".
You don't have to break the bank to get half decent quality. Wilson stuff, which I use, is well priced.
This supermarket gear is aimed at the guy who plays 3 times a year, usually after he's seen the Open on telly and thinks it looks easy. Pitches up wearing jeans and Man Utd top, takes 6 hours to get round, won't let anyone play through, after eventually putting out then stand on green adding up their shots (lots). Sorry for rant, been stuck behind these people for too many rounds, this is why I,m joining a decent club in April

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are you 'avin a giraffe clubchamp, or is it April 1st already? The best player on the forum (probably) and you are considering buying a cheap utility from...

Lidl???

Get yourself an old big bertha warbird 5 wood off ebay for about £15. If that's too risky......phone up pricebuster with your c/c and order an MD EQL in the 18 degree model.

:( :( :(

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you 'avin a giraffe clubchamp, or is it April 1st already? The best player on the forum (probably) and you are considering buying a cheap utility from...

Lidl???

Get yourself an old big bertha warbird 5 wood off ebay for about £15. If that's too risky......phone up pricebuster with your c/c and order an MD EQL in the 18 degree model.

:( :( :(

I did wonder about this, maybe he's on the guiness :D

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No No guy's. I was just wondering what you lot thought of these clubs. I'll stick to the Ping.

I was in the said shop on Thursday and the clubs were going like hot cakes.

Thanks for the compliment real,

As for the guinness yes of course, what else are we meant to do on a saturday night. I'm heading out for more, so watch this space later there could be some shi7 talked.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had 3 cracking pints of the black stuff last night.

I think you should stick to vegetables and sticky sweets from lidl.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Lidl, Tescos, Argos, JJB......whoever next!!

What type of people are they trying to attract to this sport?! No I'm not being a snob, but I don't hang around at the pub every night, I don't live on a council estate (or whatever it is now), and I don't wear tacky nylon fake football shirts everyday (or even ever!). I don't have a baked bean can on the end of my exhaust, and I don't wear white 'trackies' and a hoodie.

So why oh why are these shops selling golf clubs? One reason.

MONEY and PROFIT! They care about golf, about the same as they care for British farming.

On the plus side if more people at least try the game, then we as a country have more chance of finding our own little Tiger.

Every cloud and such.