Chart hills green fees!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Never been so im only basing this on the website information - no. Not as a one off green fee.

£60pp is a respectable rate for any club like this in my opinion.

D-S

Visit site
Played it quite often in its 1st couple of years. Certainly not worth £100 unless it has truly transformed into something different from what it originally was.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When I played there it was around £50 a green fee. As D-S mentions it's not worth that unless they've truly transformed the course or you get Lucy Robson in a bikini as your personal caddy, whom feeds you craft beer and a box of Pro V1 to boot!

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
And if you wish to become a new member, £3000 joining fee and £3500 1st year. I know golf has had a resurgence, but prices like these could make golf an elitist sport in the SE again.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Having looked at the video of the work done I would have no concerns that it is anything other than top notch condition. As to the green fee, I probably wouldn’t as I believe it’s a parkland course and it’s not my favourite type of course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
eh? had a quick look on-line - and one of the photos that pops up...What's that hole bunkered to look like a WW1 battlefield all about. When I see that sort of bunkering I just think there's a club trying to trick up their course and make it look 'American' - and to me that usually suggests that the underlying course design and the terrain upon which it is built is somewhat lacking and dull - either that or give an excuse to charge a whacking green fee,

But in general I'm not a £100 a round golfer so probably would give it a miss unless the feedback was fantastic.

Last edited:

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
eh? had a quick look on-line - and one of the photos that pops up...What's that hole bunkered to look like a WW1 battlefield all about. When I see that sort of bunkering I just think there's a club trying to trick up their course and make it look 'American' - and to me that usually suggests that the underlying course design and the terrain upon which it is built is somewhat lacking and dull - either that or give an excuse to charge a whacking green fee,

But in general I'm not a £100 a round golfer so probably would give it a miss unless the feedback was fantastic.

That's the 9th hole, those bunkers are set around 100+ yards from the tee, which I felt wasn't really a good use of bunkers as it's a par 4 and I easily took them out of play with a longer club. Seemed pointless unless you hit a pw off the tee on a par 4!

It's a nice course and get used for events such as the europro tour but not a £100 a green fee course.

D

Deleted member 17920

Have they announced the green fees yet as I cant see anything but an old page on the website.

I would be keen to play it if I was in the area but I am not paying £100 for a parkland course unless its spectacular.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It may well start out at £100.00 but it wouldn't be long before it comes down to a more "respectable" price.
It doesn't take the bean counters very long to work out that an empty 1st tee doesn't bring as much money in as a 1st tee with 4 players each paying £50.00....;););)

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I played it a number of times from when it first opened, to a little before it closed, and never paid more than about £50, and often less. It does look fantastic now but no more so than when it first opened and most of the big money spend was to bring it back to it's original glory and also to try and make it an all year round course as it wasn't worth the green fee in wet winters. For years, the membership was a lot of groups of people doing a corporate membership and then not necessarily being challenged as to how many games they had played, but then the course was going downhill and they were glad of any income.

I know one or two people who were members when Princes took it over who will rejoin but then they wont have to pay the joining fee. Otherwise, if I was looking to upgrade I'd probably go to Littlestone which rarely closes for weather but is Links and often 2 ball only but under £2k and is in immaculate condition whenever I play it..

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps they don’t want many visitors to maintain their perceived elite status, and so have priced it accordingly.
Whether they are more likely to get members to join them instead of the London Club or even Rochester and Cobham is another matter

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Perhaps they don’t want many visitors to maintain their perceived elite status, and so have priced it accordingly.
Whether they are more likely to get members to join them instead of the London Club or even Rochester and Cobham is another matter

The London Club is considerably better than Chart Hills in my opinion, the facilities for one are miles ahead. I'd say Chart would have to increase dramatically in this area before it could compete with the London Club.

Not been to Rochester & Cobham so I don't want to make any comparisons. But it's on my list to play once this lockdowns done.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The London Club is considerably better than Chart Hills in my opinion

Got to be honest, have only played the London Club once. The "big" course, shortly after it first opened. Was a fantastic experience, and certainly head and shoulders above Chart Hills. That's not to say CH isn't a good day out, but certain courses have that "Wow" factor and it doesn't have that unfortunately. But I'd go for a knock around there for fifty quid, no problem. £100.00??? That's 36 hole money as far as I'm concerned.