Charity Golf day at East Sussex National

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just got back in from a great day at the East Sussex national today. Aerospace charity day in aid of local childrens special need school and £40,000 was raised.

Had a great game with Snelly. We took on the other 2 in our group....Snelly off 3, me off 6, they were off 20 & 22 so we were giving away uber shots......... we knew it was going to be tough when we both birdied the Par 5 2nd......and lost the hole!!

Nip and tuck all the way until they pulled ahead 2 up with 5 to play.......got it back to all square with just the 18th to go,,,,they were both getting shots.......again..........so only needed a 4 or 5 to be sure of the win or half.....that is until supe Snelly chipped in for a 3 to win it...they both missed their par putts............great win.

Snelly managed 34 with 3 blobs....a great back 9 saving him.

I had another stormer with a 3 over gross and I was hoping to secure the lowest gross prize which is a lovely trophy and mega kudos........was leading it all the way to the last couple of groups, but a 1 H/C came in with 2 under........bummer!

My 39 points was good enough for 3rd place and I got a nice trophy and a pair of return flight tickets to the COSTA del SOL!!....I also won a pair of champagne flutes and some silver cufflinks for the best dressed golfer.......

Snelly won a trophy for most birdies.....an eagle & 2 birdies securing that one......( Snelly, I picked up your trophy and will give it to you at Blackmoor.)

Course was in great condition with nice true, fast greens..............

need to ge some sleep now as I'm playing in a board competition in the morning...a pairs 4BBB stableford....need my beauty sleep!

S

Snelly

A great day out and very nice to play with Rick again who did indeed look very dapper! Rick also played very nicely, the highlight being a 220 yard 5 wood that arrowed to a tricky par 5 green, never leaving the flag and stopping quickly, just 5 feet from the hole. A beautiful shot!

Our match was indeed a battle and a half with our opponents getting a lot of shots and subsequent points too. We had to play well to rein them in and it was an exciting finish - I fancied that chip as soon as I saw it!

East Sussex was in excellent condition and the greens were the best I have played on this year. Quick but not silly and absolutely true. They made putting much easier.

All in all, a cracking day out in superb company with some decent golf played in just about perfect Autumn conditions on a really good course.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what was the colour scheme for this one Rick ;)

There was some orange, some blue, some white....actually a lot of orange........blue/orange & white check trousers.......orange, blue & white stripy belt.......orange shoes................

S

Snelly

You beat Snelly gross? I bet he's pleased :whistle:

Got to admit it's probably my favourite place to play golf. Were you off the blues?

I was pleased! Pleased for Rick anyway! Less pleased with a rather problematic hook that I have at the moment. My golf is not that far off good but I need to play a bit more often. Next Thursday at Walton Heath should be good and I will have worked out the hook by then.

S

Snelly

I totally forgot that I had a couple of photos to add from the day. Basically, Rick loves his new Stewart trolley but if I am honest, I am not absolutely sure that he has completely got the hang of it. Here are a couple of pictures of his driving expertise in action!

photo-2.jpg

photo2.jpg

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
b*gger!! just when i thought i'd got away with it.......I have no defense to offer........I am a KNOB!!.......I did rake the bunker though afterwards......

Speaking of photos, their official photographer told me he had some great photos of us.......I'll chase him up.