Celtic Manor - Twentyten and Roman Road

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi

My dad has booked me a trip to celtic manor next weekend to play the roman road (friday) and Twenty Ten (saturday)

I'm pretty excited already just wanted to know if anyone has played the courses and could provide any info?

I'm concerned, especially with twentyten course, that the rough will be the shin high stuff I see on telly?

Also a little bit intimidated by the greens. I presume they are going to require a crystal ball to read?

I keep watching the fly by's on the website. It gets better every time :)

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
MKDAVE, Played the Roman Road lots of times,think its the best course there,(not played the 2010 yet),if you want to pm me your address i could post you the course planner for the roman road,you will love it,enjoy your day......

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh I will be back on here telling my tale of the round.

I've been striking the ball really well lately so going into it quite confident.

I don't hit woods and have a slight fade off the tee which i just play too.

At the moment with conditions as they are I'm playing round in between 90-95 every week with lots of missed chances. When the summer comes round I should be shooting sub 90 almost every round. I know I'll need the big dog in the bag soon but I'm just really enjoying playing right now.

Off work from next wednesday so 4 days of constant golf! HEAVEN (actually probably play sunday too :))

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Roman Road is quite undulating and position off the tee is key to hit a decent score around there. The Twenty Ten is more open but a lot longer so if your not hitting woods then i hope your short game is decent if you want to score good :). Just make sure you enjoy even if you play crap :).

MKDave

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Roman Road is quite undulating and position off the tee is key to hit a decent score around there. The Twenty Ten is more open but a lot longer so if your not hitting woods then i hope your short game is decent if you want to score good :). Just make sure you enjoy even if you play crap :).

Thanks Owen.

I've been hitting the ball so well of late and feel my bext part of game is from 100-150 yards.

My putting has been a bit suspect for a long time but I've been trying some new drills and last sunday putted alot better. Just so bloody windy it was tough to post a decent score. Got 37 Stableford points and won my group so happy with it really.

I will enjoy every last moment mate. I love being paired up with new people so the saturday round on twentyten will be a day to remember.

I'll be happy shooting sub 110, getting a par or two and beating the old man!

How long is the rough around the courses??

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks Owen.

I've been hitting the ball so well of late and feel my bext part of game is from 100-150 yards.

My putting has been a bit suspect for a long time but I've been trying some new drills and last sunday putted alot better. Just so bloody windy it was tough to post a decent score. Got 37 Stableford points and won my group so happy with it really.

I will enjoy every last moment mate. I love being paired up with new people so the saturday round on twentyten will be a day to remember.

I'll be happy shooting sub 110, getting a par or two and beating the old man!

How long is the rough around the courses??

Should be able to do quite well if your good from that range :).

aceofspades

Hacker
Visit site
I played the 2010 last April and will be playing it again next Wednesday. It is a tough course and certainly the wind plays a part on most holes. However, avoiding the water will be the biggest factor on whether you score well. Enjoy your weekend.