casting

liamlongstaff

Visit site
hello i have this problem casting i have took a lot of lessons and now my teacher tells me everything is good my only fault is casting i have been trying to get rid of it for about 8 months now working hard on it every day yet i just cant stop doing it is really getting to me now as i love golf but this just messes up my rounds and i have now got to the point were i do not play on the 18 i have tried lots of drills dose any one have any tips to help me to stop casting

T

thecraw

Keep the left arm straight, maybe even try 3/4 swings for a while.

Also at the take away feel as though your trying to get the club head as far away from you as possible if that makes sense.

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had the same problem myself and eventually found the answer in reducing the legth of my 'striaght' take away when starting the backswing. I now start striaght but raise the club sooner reducing what was an exaggerated take away. THis has resulted in a better connection between arms and body through the swing, a more in to out track and, most importantly, more power. Since making this adjustment my tendency to cast has practically gone and I am hitting all clubs further with 30 to 40 yards more with the driver.