Career Mulligan putt?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
If you could retake a putt, what would it be?

Just played golf with a bloke who once double-hit a putt from 18 inches which began a 20-year problem with the yips. He’s now written a book on how he’s sorted things out and he’s now off +1

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have a feeling I've already told this one, FJ mug era?, but missed a straight 2-3ft putt on the 18th at Turnberry to half a golfing weekend with my son. Totally choked it, still annoys me now. Can I have another go please?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I had a 5 foot birdie putt on the Road Hole. Right to lefter and i missed it on the right hand side. A birdie on there is a badge of honour!

Visit site
My best round to par was a +1 at my old club (Wildwood) in one of the club ‘majors’. I missed a 3 footer on the 17th for a par, and I thought it was a good putt.

Not only would a mulligan have meant it was an even par round, but I would have won the major. I finished 1point back (36 hole stableford).

D

Deleted member 1147

I've played to par quite a few times, but never beaten it.
So any one putt from any of those rounds would be gratefully received

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I cant pinpoint a specific putt I've missed that I would want to have another go at.
There have, obviously, been many but once they're missed i forget about them after a short while..they're just another shot to add to the final number.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
A lot of strong minds here, I can remember missed putts and teen chokes from 1984

The Fader

Visit site
True story - not my putt but - few years back - club championship one of the youger lads was right in the mix middle of 2nd round back 9. Missed a six footer on 13th which finished about 12 inches behind the hole. He followed the putt and casually attempted to backhand it in by reaching across the hole. Not only did it lip out, it hit him for a penalty.

He ultimately finished 2nd by a shot. He left the club soon after but bet he's never backhanded a short one since!!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Playing at Bearwood Lakes as guest of Slasher in the Libby's challenge charity day. A very prestigious event for a very good cause, and had some terrific prizes up for grabs.
We were putting a good score together when we came to the 15th. I had a slightly uphill 12' putt for birdie, looked at it carefully and knew what I had to do.
As I stood over it ready to sink it, or at the very least lag one up to an inch or two, Slasher uttered the immortal words.... "this is faster than it looks".......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Left it 5' short, missed that one and walked off with a bogie 5.
We were placed 3rd on count back. A 4 would have won it.
Every time I look at that lovely piece of crystal ware with "Libby's Challenge Cup 2012 3rd place" engraved on it, I think of Slasher and where I'd like to stick it.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:;)

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Playing the 10th at Blackmoor with some forum members I hit the green in 2 on a 448 yard par 4. My partner, a well respected forum member who never missed a putt said that he'd pick up as I was not going to 3 putt and we'd win the hole. I didn't 3 putt but I'd quite like 3 mulligan's if they were on offer for a par

I doubt he'd ever be put off by a passing comment by a playing partner ............. well until I saw post #17
??????

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A few years back I finished a round bogey, birdie, bogey for a 1 under par gross 70. It would have been my first sub 70 round for a number of years. 16 & 18 are both par 5’s, 16 I’d eagled the previous two weeks. 3 bogeys in the round, and 4 birdies but still gutted about 16 &18. A putt dropping on either of those please.

The following week I played the back 9 three under, including an eagle on 16.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Midweek medal at Canterbury, have tap in putt for par, go to knock it in one handed and miss the ball ??.
end up joint first but lose on countback .
Plank.