as they have 2 x 18 holes and one 9 hole course
Can anyone tell me if they are members of McDonald
portal or have played the courses and what they
think also do they have a driving range and practice areas
thanks in advance

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
Steve I have played both and I really like portal premiere course but find the Championship a bit boring.

Then I really enjoy the Nicklaus course at Carden but the Cheshire disappointed me when I played it again last year.

Steve-o

Visit site
Hi thanks for the info I think I would like to take a look at the portal courses and see what they are like before renewing at carden as the Nicklaus is closed for about 3 months of the year and they have flattened the paractace area witch I thought was one of the best parts of the club although that are making a small practice area near the 18th of the Cheshire
thanks again

Nashy

Head Pro
Visit site
Where abouts are you located Steve as there's some better course near those that I would look at joining first. Multiple course at one location doesn't really bother me but practice facilities are high on my priority list.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
The main thing I would be looking at is the amount of societies they have at both resorts, as they are both on the radar for society days.

I’d want to know how members are treated and the restrictions they incur.

As for the courses, Carden was ok, Portal was better, more so the one you have to drive up the road to, the other was a bit open and like the PGA National.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played both and would rate Carden above Portal. At Portall the 9 holer was terrible when we played it, like playing in a farmer's field. We didn't play the better course though as we couldn't get on, the course we did play was decent enough, similar to most hotel courses but think Carden edged if for me - 2 decent courses to play on and understand they've improved one or both over the last few years. Like Fish says check for societies as both we society full when we played and it was a good 4-5 hour rounds.

Steve-o

Visit site
Where abouts are you located Steve as there's some better course near those that I would look at joining first. Multiple course at one location doesn't really bother me but practice facilities are high on my priority list.
hi i am in liverpool the only reason i joined carden was i have only been playing golf about three years and i was invited to carden park and thought it was very nice.I only get the chance to play on a Saturday and play with my 12 year old son but i think lad and dad days are numbered as hes wanting to go out with his mates and looks like dads getting shoved to one side :( the other reason was i got my membership for 14 months for the price of 12 £1000 and my sons was £120 it was costing me more to play municipal golf courses