Car paint protection

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am off tomorrow to more or less buy a car. As is the norm the garage has sent an email asking me to look at a video and then saying “ would you like to pay £419 “ for paint and interior protection. I mean seriously is it worth paying that to protect paint and leather. Surely there are other products that can do the job for less. 😳😖

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That’s where these guys make their money. I’ve never bothered with all the “extras” they try and sell.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can get it done cheaper than the dealer, it's just doing the digging to find a decent detailer. If youre not one to want to spend time cleaning the car etc, then a sealer is what would work for you (which is most often what the dealers are selling....but it's all in the prep which takes time.
I dont seal my car, I wax.
5 hrs work on a brand new car.....snow foam, rinse, fall out remover, rinse, wash (2 buckets) rinse, clay bar, rinse, dry. Cleaner wax, buff, wax, buff, tyre dressing, wheel finish.
The end product is amazing, but thats just me:)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Ave tried ringing a good pal of mine who has a paint shop to see what he does.
Watch this space. 👍

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ave tried ringing a good pal of mine who has a paint shop to see what he does.
Watch this space. 👍
Paint shops as good as they are, don't detail. Polishing will take a miniscule layer off and create swirl marks. Detailers don't, unless its a paint correction and swirl mark removing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wouldn't bother. It will get the same marks as normal
I never buy this kind of crap from dealers

Gap insurance? No thanks I find online for a fraction of the price for better cover