cant help but think im masking my pulls, am i?

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Been out today for a practice, and all my iron shots are pulled way left with the occasional strong draw (hook) and really getting annoyed with myself

So i tinker a lil bit and end up standing slightly futher away from the ball arms reach a little more but not enough that im stretching for the ball, and bam shots are alot straiter slight pulls and pushs completely different satisfying but very much managable

So have i found a mask for my bad technique? Or is it a fix?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you were hitting the pull, your swing was probably out to in, above plane and steep into the ball.
If you stand further away from the ball, you're more likely to swing on a flatter plane so less chance of swinging out to in.

Richie13

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got the v-easy today bob had a lil blast feel it keeping my arms in tighter less flaring of the elbows and better wrist hinge through the ball, just my touch and feel is all wrong but it worked well chipped in twice with it,

Bob a flatter swing plane is that good or bad should i stick with it and work over time to bring my arms back in?

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Chipped in twice? good news. You cant get any better than that.:) And hopefully no wrist hinge.
As for your swing......
It wouldn't do you any harm to swing a little flatter, just keep an eye on it so you dont get too flat

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got the v-easy today bob had a lil blast feel it keeping my arms in tighter less flaring of the elbows and better wrist hinge through the ball, just my touch and feel is all wrong but it worked well chipped in twice with it,

Bob a flatter swing plane is that good or bad should i stick with it and work over time to bring my arms back in?

I started a similar thread yesterday. Same section (Ask the Experts), titled "Is my pro talking cobblers"

Have a look it may answer your question.