Callaway X-460 Driver - Stiff or Regular shaft?

Jeds

Visit site
Hi,

I'm a 14 handicap, & currently play with the Callaway Biggest Big Bertha driver. However, I am looking to upgrade to the X-460, but am unsure whether to choose a stiff staft, or stick with regular.

I would say I have a relatively quick swing, & have been told that a stiff shaft would be more consistent.

Does anyone own a X-460, or have any advice?

Many thanks,

James

PaulOHagan

GM Staff
Visit site
First off you'll find a massive difference in a new modern driver compared to your Biggest Big. They are so much more forgiving and will no doubt offer you a few more yards. It’s hard to say without seeing your swing but I’d say that a regular shaft offers more consistency and control for the average golfer-it does for me any way. Your best off trying them both at a range before you spend the cash but either way a new driver is well worth the investment.

The_Golfer

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi James, best advice is to ensure you have your club fitted properly, that is at a place where there is a pro who take everything into consideration even down to the grip size.

As for wanting a stiff shaft, your pro will tell you their thoughts after they have assessed your swing... a stiff shaft is usually for someone who generates a lot of club speed, but this does not necesarily mean they are better players.....

best of luck..

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to love my Biggest Big Bertha- I remember they looked massive when they first came out! The X-460 is the perfect sort of club for a 14 handicapper; it offers plenty of forgiveness but also the chance to move the ball in the air. i've had mine for about 6 months and i'm more than happy with it. As the guys said you really have to try the club out before deciding on a shaft-its worth doing if your going to spend the money on a new club!