callaway x-24s

s1john

Club Champion
Visit site
nyone used the callaway x24s and what are your thought, i am tempted to treat myself to a new set of iron i already have a set of x20's which for me a 28 handicaper i find great

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you have an X range set, dont bother changing, all Callaways are the same (pro versions slightly excepted), they are designed to get the ball into the air. Many other makers produce clubs with narrow soles, wide soles, thin top lines, narrow top lines etc, Callaway really only do the one thing but do it well. I noticed that they are starting to shift a muscle back variant but Id be sceptical.

s1john

Club Champion
Visit site
If you find the x20 irons "great" , Why are you looking to change???..

they are getting a bit tired now the grooves in the club face are visably worn and i just feel like treating myself to a new set of irons, if anyone has any recommendations on a good set of irons for a 28 handicapper then fire away

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I tried the X24's yesterday as a mate was trying out some clubs - i quite liked them, only using the 7 i maanged to gain about 15-20 yards. It was a nice weight aswell.

Also gave the Mizzy MX 100 ago which were fairly similar.

@ £379 the Callaways are a good deal.

I've set myself a target of hc 15 before I gain buy Ping, Taylor Made or Callaways.