Callaway Upro

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For anyone who has one of these, Callaway are giving up on them. Seems the website is being shut down at the end of December so you have until then to download your maximum 50 courses to the device, albeit they will obviously not be updated if there are future changes.

Personally I very rarely use my UPro these days (much prefer the laser) but even still Im pretty frustrated that they are giving up on them, and would be seriously hacked off if I'd recently bought one of the newer models.

Have to be honest, has pretty much soured my opinion of Callaway, they will now be near the bottom of the queue for any future purchases Im planning golf wise (there statement reads that they fully committed to their core business of clubs and balls, mine will be fully committed to buying from other manufacturers!)

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have one myself and saw this a while ago. I think the UPro is a pretty good GPS I know there has been a few issues with them but I do think it is a real shame Cally are dropping them.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
So first shotmiser and now Upro. The market for GPS is saturated and the changes to the rules re: mobile phones has the potential to cause a slow death unless companies adapt and adjust. I will not be surprised if we see a skycaddie app soon.

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So first shotmiser and now Upro. The market for GPS is saturated and the changes to the rules re: mobile phones has the potential to cause a slow death unless companies adapt and adjust. I will not be surprised if we see a skycaddie app soon.

Likely to happen to be honest, it is a shame Callaway have decided to drop the Upro but with the rule changes potentially causing more market saturation and the cost of the after sales service on a GPS over a driver you can understand the decision.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I was never convinced Cally were fully behind the project. There were issues locally getting some course changes mapped and although I thought graphically it was very good I was much happier with SC. Plenty of good makes and models out there and so it isn't going to leave a big gap

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was never convinced Cally were fully behind the project. There were issues locally getting some course changes mapped and although I thought graphically it was very good I was much happier with SC. Plenty of good makes and models out there and so it isn't going to leave a big gap

it may not leave a big gap but its going to leave plenty of hacked off customers and do some damage to brand image

NorfolkShaun

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
it may not leave a big gap but its going to leave plenty of hacked off customers and do some damage to brand image

That was my main thought on it, OK if you decide to discontinue a product does the website and a little customer service cost that much?

As I say I can understand the decision but it is inevitable some people will be upset