Callaway FT-9 i-Mix Neutral Driver

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi, any thoughts on the [h=2]Callaway FT-9 i-Mix Neutral Driver[/h]
Seen this on a few sites at great value, any tips on the club and what to expect and if its a good purchase.

Thanks

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
Thanks for your knowledge, how adjustable is the club?? also what driver would be best for a newbie to the driver, i normally use the 3 wood to be safe.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had the draw version with 11 degree loft and found that easy enough to hit. It was only the fact that I wanted a regular as opposed to a stiff shaft that made me change (I did not have the I mix version)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The FT-9, there's nowt wrong with it especially in i-mix. Just don't get greedy on the loft and go for something silly like 9° if you really need 10.5°

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you see any offfers on the Mizuno JPX 800 then snap one up. For me this is a great club. Aside from that, the FT-9 is a good deal and worth a punt (only £99 at Snainton Golf). You can get an FT-IZ for £129 at Snainton golf and that is another good club or a Cleveland Launcher DST for £79. All of those are worth a shot.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had the ft-9 imix in 11 degree and it went a mile when hit properly (and not my wedge!) it was made to be workable though, the better option is the ft-iq as more forgiving. Also as people have said don't be afraid to get a higher loft it really does help. Great clubs though.

Richardb1012302

Club Champion
Visit site
Think i should go for the FT-IZ after xmas maybe, also have a mizuno 5 wood on my list for shopping. Then Bday in mid feb, what irons would u suggest for a beginner around £300?

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think with irons like most golf stuff , you have to try get out and try as many as poss mate. I ended up trying around 15/20 different sets in the end mate.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't worry they've seen them all!! But as a beginner I would recommend getting the swing sorted first before spending a load of dosh on gear. Have a few lessons first get bedded in then if still needed buy some new shineys!! A good second hand set will get you up and running.