Callaway Epic Falsh Sub Zero adaptor

griffgolf

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi, Is there a way so I can interchange my "Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero" driver shaft into my "Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero" fairway 3 wood and vice versa interchange 3 wood shaft into my driver head as the 3 wood adaptor is shorter than the driver adaptor?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
When they came out I'm pretty sure Callaway said the 2 adapters were not interchangeable and you risked damage if you did.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi, Is there a way so I can interchange my "Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero" driver shaft into my "Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero" fairway 3 wood and vice versa interchange 3 wood shaft into my driver head as the 3 wood adaptor is shorter than the driver adaptor?

The adapters would not be interchangeable for the reason you have given

The 3 wood adapter is shorter than the driver adapter. This is simply because the heads are a different height and the driver adapter needs to go further in to the head.

The same applies to other makes that use this type of adapter eg Titleist

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The adapters would not be interchangeable for the reason you have given

The 3 wood adapter is shorter than the driver adapter. This is simply because the heads are a different height and the driver adapter needs to go further in to the head.

The same applies to other makes that use this type of adapter eg Titleist

TM adapters are the same through all the clubs that use them, woods and hybrids, but it is a totally different design to those on Callaway and Titleist.

Callie and Titleist are castellated at the top of the hosel and the castellated section of the adapter matches up, therefore the section after that on the adapter need to be the correct length for the depth it goes in to.

DSCN3923.JPG

Imurg

Visit site
Strange, the cobra fairways and driver adaptors are the same.
Callaway's were fully interchangeable until Epic Flash
The driver adapter is the same as far as I'm aware and driver shafts will fit anything from 2014 on.
When Epic Flash came out they shortened the fairway adapter - weight saving or just being bloody minded
That means any fairway shaft up to and including Epic won't fit Epic Flash or the Epic Speed fairways

Imurg

Visit site
If they change them with a useful upgrade, like more or better adjustment, then I think that's fair enough
The 1st gen Callaway sleeve was pretty basic so 2nd gen was a very worthwhile upgrade.
The fairway change seems a bit less useful..
Ping's upgrade from the G400 to the G410 added extra loft adjustment and flat settings so, again, a worthwhile upgrade.
TM either haven't changed their adjustments or have found a way to make the sleeve compatible.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TM either haven't changed their adjustments or have found a way to make the sleeve compatible.

I'm happily amazed that M1 adaptors still fit everything up to and including the current SIM Max 2.

Let's hope they don't change the adaptor considering how much equipment costs now ?

Yes it has been great it is the same adapter since RBZ 2. Sold a few shafts because of how many heads they fit.