Burgled.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hold on a minute.....stop the bus....rewind....back up a tad.

Dodger, you were discussing WHAT with the burd?

I think you have just given us all an insight into what goes on in that netherworld between Scotland and England during the long winter months.

:eek: :eek:

I'm quite happy to throw in a "gee whizz" and a "golly gosh" for good measure, by the way.

The fact we both cringe when he uses the team Faldo/Findlay word!

Using those other 2 I reckon maybe he is in fact your brother! :D

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Got the plod round. Only took them 25 hours. They are a bit suprised it happened yesterday. Is that because they are late, or ahead of schedule? Not holding out much hope. Got a free pen though. That some how makes me feel so much happier about it. Not. On the other hand, one of them likes cats, can't be all bad. I might try testing their stab proof vests. It is very tempting. Mogs has already sunk his claws into a spare knee.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear about this Murph. Hope the wife is OK - keep her occupied.
Good luck with the claim. The problem with insurance companies is the assessors that act on their behalf, to wriggle out of as much as possible to pay out. Must be one of the worst jobs going - even worse than a Traffic Warden. :(

Golfmmad.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tough break fella - I hope something good comes out of it.
Having been brought up in South London I work on the 'if it ain't bolted down, it'll get nicked' premise. My house is double glazed (all windows secured when property empty), fully alarmed and there is a hammer by the front and back door, a crow bar at the top of the stairs and a six cell maglite in my room.
Also, we live opposite a Policeman who's always on the look out.

Split_Fairway

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tough break fella - I hope something good comes out of it.
Having been brought up in South London I work on the 'if it ain't bolted down, it'll get nicked' premise. My house is double glazed (all windows secured when property empty), fully alarmed and there is a hammer by the front and back door, a crow bar at the top of the stairs and a six cell maglite in my room.
fort knox but in a household package

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site

You've just reminded me why I moved to Devon.

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site

You've just reminded me why I moved to Devon.

I'd love to move further out but the commute would be a shocker....... :mad:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sorry to here that. I guess with the recession and Christmas coming there will be a lot of it about. We haven't got in touch with our insurers yet, but I would guess they won't pay out as we had a window open. Good luck with yours.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Same happened to me last Saturday afternoon while at the golf course. Similar amount stolen. Scumbags. Missus is in bits and I now have the battle with the insurance trying to prove I actually owned some things.

Fore

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry to hear what you have been through Murph.
I have been done three times over the years including the one where they nicked the car keys and took the car so i can sympathise.
Hope Direct Line just cough up for you.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh that sucks donkey balls. Had two in the space of a few months the year before last. The Police are an insult to the term useless and don't get me started on PCSOs...

Please dont tar us all with the same brush, I was first on scene at a Burglary on Monday that was reported as only 2 males looking a bit dodgy. After a thorough sweep of the street we found 2 houses that had been done, we conatained the area and after an hour and a half, and numerous resources being used we caught a male, with all the stuff and he is now on remand awaiting trial. O and he coughed to two others!

Christmas time is when Burgs really go for it, it is so easy for them and so hard for the Police. This guy had jumped on a train from out of town, did 4 houses and tried jumpng back on the train home. He was a pro so knows how not to leave anything for CSI so if he gets away without being seen, which isn't hard when they pick the right area and the neighbours are all at work then the Police dont find out untill the owners get home, at that point, what do we have to go on?

My advice would be ( and murph I hope this doesn't insult you as I am sure you have heard it a thousand times since) is that everyone needs to be extra vigilant over the festive period. Good security systems, keep an eye out for neighbours, report anything even slightly suspicious and most importantly keep your doors locked even when you are home.

The latest craze is burgs just walking into kitchens, hall ways etc and swiping wallets and car keys whilst the owners are watching tele or upstairs on the loo.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune and I will keep my fingers crossed the insurance pays out.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
For the record the police have been brilliant since we were done last week. CSI got some useful stuff and although they won't probably catch them this time I'm sure they will in the end. Just hope it's sooner rather than later for other peoples sakes. It must be frustrating all round but you can only do what you can do and like you say it isn't that hard to get away really. We are getting an alarm put in. :(