Bunker Disaster part 2

stanleyboy

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Fellas,

This will be a long one so please bear with me.....

Thanks so much for your advice on bunker play yesterday went and had an hour in the sand and feel so much more confident now. I know it was only practice but just having the knowledge on how to correctly get out of bunkers is great.

I posted a few days ago about a stronger grip, I was wrong apparently its fine. Frankie (young lad who works in the pro shop - 2 H'cap) saw me on the range and said I was not rotating my hips enough through impact which is causing some of my shots to leak right.

None of the pros were or are free for a lesson that suits me time wise till next week. Does anyone have a drill/s for a fuller hip turn through impact please?

Thanks
Sam

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
lift your right heel of the ground and "knock" your right knee towards your left knee and start your swing you should feel your hips turning more.

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have been working on clearing my left side. I get too "handsy" otherwise and end up "flicking" the ball left. My pro gave me a little exercise.

With a mid-iron grip the club half way down the shaft. The grip should be resting against your left side. Now make a slow practice swing taking the club no more than half way back and swing through so that you finish with the club pointing straight up with the grip pointing straight down. You have to clear your left side or else you can't get the club through. Do 2 or 3 then hit a few balls. Good for getting the right feeling. Might help you too.