Bucket List 2019 and Lifetime

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
There's no realistic golf buckets to go for. There's a few non-golf ones we're looking at. Vegas, Grand Canyon + NY. The pyramids, then onto SA for a safari holiday. The Great Wall.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Each to their own and people have certain views and prejudices which we all need to accept.

Firstly Grant, Loch Lomond is simply exquisite. From the drive in to the drive out you are treated like royalty. The staff and their attention to detail if first class. The course is magnificent, it is a must experience for any golfer at some stage in their life. Setting and experience plus layout are as good as any course in Britain that I've played. Last year they started "sand capping" fairways for more playability and drainage, plus better turf and growth conditions throughout the year and I hear this has been extremely successful and added to the course.

Trump. Why the hate? Again your own choice but you are missing out. Trump Aberdeen is a phenomenal experience too and a fantastic course. Just swallow whatever it is stopping you from missing out on such and experience and play it. Amazing place. I can't comment on Turnberry since it's changed but all I hear are positive reports and wow wow wow it's amazing.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Goal wise its simple. Get to single figures. Other than that I'd like to get more involved in helping to run the club and get a committee role in some capacity.

As for bucket lists watching the Alfred Dunhill over the weekend, a trip to Leopard Creek for a game and a trip around the game reserve is right up there

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Each to their own and people have certain views and prejudices which we all need to accept.

Firstly Grant, Loch Lomond is simply exquisite. From the drive in to the drive out you are treated like royalty. The staff and their attention to detail if first class. The course is magnificent, it is a must experience for any golfer at some stage in their life. Setting and experience plus layout are as good as any course in Britain that I've played. Last year they started "sand capping" fairways for more playability and drainage, plus better turf and growth conditions throughout the year and I hear this has been extremely successful and added to the course.

Trump. Why the hate? Again your own choice but you are missing out. Trump Aberdeen is a phenomenal experience too and a fantastic course. Just swallow whatever it is stopping you from missing out on such and experience and play it. Amazing place. I can't comment on Turnberry since it's changed but all I hear are positive reports and wow wow wow it's amazing.

I don’t have a problem with clubs who want to be private and satisfy a desire among elites. It’s their right and their choice to do that. However I wouldn’t want to be a part of it, regardless of my financial status.

Maybe with regards to Loch Lomond, probably the Rennaisance as well, I might not knock back a round there but I certainly wouldn’t go about asking or making it an objective of mine to play or join.

My personal view is that golf is for the people, as it was traditionally established on the links of Scotland, and I am happy to do my bit, however small or insignificant, to give my custom to courses who are happy to let any golfer on who pays the green fee on the day.

With regards to Trump, I am very much of the view that I will play these courses at some point when he no longer owns them. But if not, c’est la vie.

Given I have probably played about 12 of the Top 100 in Scotland I certainly don’t feel I am missing out. There is a lot of golf to be played and if I never managed to play at these places, I would happily enjoy playing the other hundreds of great courses I hope to get around at some point.

TheDork

Visit site
I also had the same attitude about Trump and his courses, then I played Turnberry, I very quickly got over my morals, what a course.

Wolf

Visit site
Goal wise its simple. Get to single figures. Other than that I'd like to get more involved in helping to run the club and get a committee role in some capacity.

As for bucket lists watching the Alfred Dunhill over the weekend, a trip to Leopard Creek for a game and a trip around the game reserve is right up there

I'm with you on that one Homer. Having watched it I was as intrigued by the game reserve as I was the course. Looked absolutely sensational

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
already have some games set up for next year,

British Hickory Championship at Rye
England Vs Scotland Hickory match at Kilspindie
Welsh Hickory Open at Aberdovey
150th Hickory celebration at Royal Liverpool
Scottish Hickory championships Moray

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I don’t have a problem with clubs who want to be private and satisfy a desire among elites. It’s their right and their choice to do that. However I wouldn’t want to be a part of it, regardless of my financial status.

Maybe with regards to Loch Lomond, probably the Rennaisance as well, I might not knock back a round there but I certainly wouldn’t go about asking or making it an objective of mine to play or join.

My personal view is that golf is for the people, as it was traditionally established on the links of Scotland, and I am happy to do my bit, however small or insignificant, to give my custom to courses who are happy to let any golfer on who pays the green fee on the day.

With regards to Trump, I am very much of the view that I will play these courses at some point when he no longer owns them. But if not, c’est la vie.

Given I have probably played about 12 of the Top 100 in Scotland I certainly don’t feel I am missing out. There is a lot of golf to be played and if I never managed to play at these places, I would happily enjoy playing the other hundreds of great courses I hope to get around at some point.

Nobody is asking you to be part of them or asking you to join. You have a very simplistic view of golf yet I can assure you that it very much not a sport for the working class on the links anymore. It's not even close.

When you get bog standard very average courses charging £60+ for a round in summer you can quite clearly see that the era of golf for the people is long gone.

Please feel free to keep your morals and stay away from Trump as you'll make no difference to his wealth and allow more times for people who appreciate good golf courses over "politics".

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i'm with Crawford on this, you are missing out on a couple of great courses, and the Donald isn't going to lose any sleep on missing out on your few quid.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Nobody is asking you to be part of them or asking you to join. You have a very simplistic view of golf yet I can assure you that it very much not a sport for the working class on the links anymore. It's not even close.

When you get bog standard very average courses charging £60+ for a round in summer you can quite clearly see that the era of golf for the people is long gone.

Please feel free to keep your morals and stay away from Trump as you'll make no difference to his wealth and allow more times for people who appreciate good golf courses over "politics".

I think golf is still very accessible for working people if they are keen enough to join a club, rather than pay to play. Plenty of clubs in towns around Scotland that will cost less than a lot of folk spend on their mobile phone bill.

Anyways, let’s agree to disagree. I’m not stopping anyone playing or spreading roundup on his greens in the middle of the night. But I certainly couldn’t bare to spend £200 of my hard earned on anything with his name on it.

Especially given that for the same money you could play 36 at a course on St. Andrews links and have cash to spare for lunch.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I think golf is still very accessible for working people if they are keen enough to join a club, rather than pay to play. Plenty of clubs in towns around Scotland that will cost less than a lot of folk spend on their mobile phone bill.

Anyways, let’s agree to disagree. I’m not stopping anyone playing or spreading roundup on his greens in the middle of the night. But I certainly couldn’t bare to spend £200 of my hard earned on anything with his name on it.

Especially given that for the same money you could play 36 at a course on St. Andrews links and have cash to spare for lunch.

Yet you mentioned Castle Stuart earlier which is over £200 and not in the same ball park as Trump Aberdeen.

Personally if I was paying top dollar I'd want to play the best course I could for that dollar!

Appreciate it's your cash and choice though.

👍⛳

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i'm not sure you could compare the Eden with either Trump Aberdeen or Turberry TBH.

SGU do decent deals at Aberdeen, don't think it will be long before Turnberry is as well

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Patrick.

Let me know when you're at Aberdovey & Liverpool with your funny clubs, potentially an opportunity to catch up

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Patrick.

Let me know when you're at Aberdovey & Liverpool with your funny clubs, potentially an opportunity to catch up

Wales is mid April and i think we are playing somewhere on the way and on the way back. RL is mid May, Lytham is also on the cards that week

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

Looks like you might have joined the BGCS.