BRS golf booking

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a system called Freetime. OK except that it hangs at 8am when times are released. Can be impossible to get on to even attempt to get a time. When you do get on it can freeze for 5 minutes or so meaning you don't know whether you got a time or not.

Heard good things about BRS and Intelligent golf.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've had BRS for years. Absolutely no issues. The manager and women's and men's hcap secs say it is very flexible.

I heard ClubV1 were developing their own but now it seems ClubV1 (HDID) is taking over or merging with BRS

Mick68

Visit site
We've used BRs for a few years but last week were told we're switching to the Scottish Golf VMS system. You can book times etc but also pay your money and enter your score as you play then it works out handicap changes etc for you so should be perfect for the' new normal'.

IanMcC

Visit site
I have messed up something on our BRS system that I cant fix. I wonder if anyone here can help. I wanted to edit the casual booking member rule down from 14 day availability to 2 day. This is for the post coronavirus partial reopening which will hopefully be soon. I entered BRS/Tools/Members Booking/Member Casual Booking Rules. I edited the enabled field (the only white one, the rest were grey). After adding the amended rule it came back as disabled (grey). Tried looking in configuration but cant find anything to enable a rule. Can anyone here bail me out before I have to contact the office girl cap in hand on Tuesday morning?
Panic over. It was because I forward dated the start date, the system would not enable the rule. Moved it back to yesterdays date and all now working again.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
We use BRS for all bookings seven days week. There is an app if you google it.
All works really well no issues, can book up to four weeks in advanced see what comps etc. I use it on fone and no problems.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We've had BRS for years. Absolutely no issues. The manager and women's and men's hcap secs say it is very flexible.

I heard ClubV1 were developing their own but now it seems ClubV1 (HDID) is taking over or merging with BRS
We use Clubv1 and the club introduced a booking system prior to lockdown. One of the biggest gripe was one person could block book a slot for three others (their mates) and so all the slots went in seconds especially for weekend golf. I'd prefer to see it restricted to booking your own time only and putting the onus on individuals to book and not have groups tied to the web doing it en masse

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
We use Clubv1 and the club introduced a booking system prior to lockdown. One of the biggest gripe was one person could block book a slot for three others (their mates) and so all the slots went in seconds especially for weekend golf. I'd prefer to see it restricted to booking your own time only and putting the onus on individuals to book and not have groups tied to the web doing it en masse
But if you can only play at weekends as you work and don’t want to play with ransoms then why play. I play with my friends because I enjoy playing with them, I’ve no interest in playing with some of the golf club characters on that other thread

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Did you mean one member could book one tee time and use it to choose fellow members (or guests) to join him/her?
I don't see anything wrong with that.

I thought at first you meant one person could book four times, that would be wrong.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Did you mean one member could book one tee time and use it to choose fellow members (or guests) to join him/her?
That's how it works.
I addition, the booking player can restrict the number playing by 'blocking' the 'spare' spaces
That's how it works.
In addition, the booking player can close 'spare' places if he want to limit it to a 2 or 3 some.

Last edited:

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
Surely if they book the spares and folk play there’s really no issue. If they book them to stop others playing in a 2 ball then contact the committee or council and ask them to investigate as BRS has software that can show stuff like this. At one place I play it’s warning, ban, chat about further restrictions for repeat offending, my other club has just got it however they’ve conveyed that it shall be similar to above

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We are going to start using BRS once this lockdown lifts. Previously we've never had a booking system for members and never needed it.
My only concern, which I think is what Homer was alluding to, is that someone is allowed to book more than one time slot. i.e. they can book one time slot for 1-4 members (dependant upon the rules) and add people to that, but they then can't book the following time slot in another members name. I think that could cause issues.

brickie

Medal Winner
Visit site
We are going to start using BRS once this lockdown lifts. Previously we've never had a booking system for members and never needed it.
My only concern, which I think is what Homer was alluding to, is that someone is allowed to book more than one time slot. i.e. they can book one time slot for 1-4 members (dependant upon the rules) and add people to that, but they then can't book the following time slot in another members name. I think that could cause issues.
it is my understanding that if other members were to divulge their password to you you could book all of them in. At our club the system goes live at 6am so only one person has to set the alarm and he/she can book all their mates in!! It's not in the spirit of fair play but it happens.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
BRS should be set up (at least ours is) that each of the slots per tee time must have a members name booked from a drop down list, it cant be held blank. Empathy means available.
Open days are different but they are quite rare compared to weekly comps.