Bridgestone Balls!!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know quite a few folk on here rate Bridgestone balls very highly.

A question then for the people in the know.

Which flavor of the Bridgestone family, I assume B330, plays closest to the current Titleist Pro V1?

Not in specific catagories, but across the board.

I'm looking to try a box or 2 just to see how they compare to the Pro V1 as a "Cheaper" alternative.

Any thoughts, as always, are welcome :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I believe the B330 and B330S are for swing speeds over 105mph, the B330 RX and B330 RX-S for under 105mph and the S versions spin more than the non S versions. I guess depending on swing speed that you would be looking at B330S or the B330RX-S. If you go to the Bridgestone website they have an online ball fitting tool that is quite decent.

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-selection-guide

Not sure if youve tried any other options but the Zstars are a decent alternative to the proV1 and prob the cheapest alternative currently (£40 for 2 dozen from clubhouse)

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I believe the B330 and B330S are for swing speeds over 105mph, the B330 RX and B330 RX-S for under 105mph and the S versions spin more than the non S versions. I guess depending on swing speed that you would be looking at B330S or the B330RX-S. If you go to the Bridgestone website they have an online ball fitting tool that is quite decent.

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/ball-selection-guide

Not sure if youve tried any other options but the Zstars are a decent alternative to the proV1 and prob the cheapest alternative currently (£40 for 2 dozen from clubhouse)

Never considered the Z-Star Steve, thanks for that :thup:

I may have to buy a sleeve just to see how they play!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah I agree, the B330RX is probably the closest, it's a very good ball.

I've also just bought a doz Z Stars for the winter, got mine for £22.50 delivered from onlinegolf.co.uk

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I found the yellows very hard. Still have a few dozen lying in cupboard Can't imagine what the XV would be like. But they spin and check really good. Just horrible with the putter. IMO of course.

I have some yellow XVs, play exactly the same as the white XVs!!! Am sure some people almost subconsciously expect a yellow ball to be harder and therefore think it is (as you only used to be able to buy rocks in yellow)

m10johnson

Head Pro
Visit site
Have used all types of Bridgestone balls that I've found, never hit one that didn't feel soft but responsive off the face.

The B330 variants spins and check very well. Good value IMO.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Yeah I agree, the B330RX is probably the closest, it's a very good ball.

I've also just bought a doz Z Stars for the winter, got mine for £22.50 delivered from onlinegolf.co.uk

Tried one of my new Z Stars today, think I like them. Birdied the first and 2nd and had 2 birdies and an eagle on the 3 par 5's

:)

T

thecraw

Cheap as chips winter ball.

Srixon Soft Feel. My preference is still the Z-STAR. :thup: