Boxing/UFC 2018-24

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Definitely looks a career threatening injury for Saunders, hope he’s ok.

Alvarez has form for dodgy results on scorecards, GGG one being most memorable. Last night was no different at the point the fight ended. The ‘tainted steak’ thing was quickly brushed under the carpet, especially in America but yeah definitely a grey cloud over him.

How Eubank thinks he is still relevant is beyond me. To say he is limited is a massive understatement. He has an iron chin like his old man, but bar that I struggle to see what he’s good at. Although saying that, if Saunders does come back I would still like to see him rematch Eubank.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Heavyweight boxing unfortunately continues to be a bit of a mess, Fury v Wilder now postponed due to covid in Fury's camp.

At UFC - McGregor, after stating Poirer would leave on a stretcher, ended up on a stretcher himself.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Heavyweight boxing unfortunately continues to be a bit of a mess, Fury v Wilder now postponed due to covid in Fury's camp.

At UFC - McGregor, after stating Poirer would leave on a stretcher, ended up on a stretcher himself.
I liked McGregor & all his trash talk back in the day,but I actually wanted Dustin to win.
I find McGregor annoying now & it all seems too forced.
Personally I think he should call it a day.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I liked McGregor & all his trash talk back in the day,but I actually wanted Dustin to win.
I find McGregor annoying now & it all seems too forced.
Personally I think he should call it a day.
Classless before and after the fight. As the biggest draw in the sport, he doesn’t need to resort to that stuff to sell PPV’s. He used to have a bit of humour about his insults, but this was way off the mark and personal. He’s likely to be done. But, he’s a bit of a cash cow so it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s occasionally wheeled out. 6 years ago he was a phenomenal fighter. Now he’s potentially spoiling his legacy.

Poirier was winning before the freak injury which doesn’t surprise me. Should take the title shot now and I think he wins that.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right, a real fight has come around. Not these money spinning YouTube crup, but Joshua v Uysk. I think Joshua has his work cut out and I'm going for Uysk to win, perhaps on points.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Right, a real fight has come around. Not these money spinning YouTube crup, but Joshua v Uysk. I think Joshua has his work cut out and I'm going for Uysk to win, perhaps on points.

I agree, finally some actual talent on show! Looking forward to seeing Uysk's tactics!

But - I think Joshua wins.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it will be a difficult fight. Usyk looked unbeatable at cruiserweight. He’s not looked the same fighter at heavyweight - Chisora gave him a good go. As we’ve seen before with Joshua’s opponents though, size isn’t everything. Usyk is undoubtedly a great technician, who will make Joshua work at an uncomfortable pace. I think it will be pretty close and there will likely be scares on both sides, but expect Joshua to land clean eventually. I’m backing rounds 7-9.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Looking forward to Joshua v Uysk, although there's a chance it may be a cagey affair going to scorecards.
Looking like it may clash with the RC golf though ?

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Usyk was class tonight. Joshua simply didn’t throw enough and looked very average.
Outclassed. I thought Usyk won by 8 or 9 rounds. Relentless, clever and fast. Was almost a perfect performance. The boxing skills were on totally different levels. I thought Joshua might have landed clean, but Usyk also looked tough as well.

Joshua might not fancy this again. He didn’t look good at the end.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Outclassed. I thought Usyk won by 8 or 9 rounds. Relentless, clever and fast. Was almost a perfect performance. The boxing skills were on totally different levels. I thought Joshua might have landed clean, but Usyk also looked tough as well.

Joshua might not fancy this again. He didn’t look good at the end.
Usyk has saved Joshua from the Gypsy king