Boundary Lakes

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which is the new course at the Hampshire cricket ground. Playing there for the first time tomorrow. Looks pretty decent from the outside, if a little short although i think there's a fair bit of water in play. Anyone played it?

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi have played it a couple of times , as you say it's short but a few holes are a bit tricky , both times the pace of play is fine until you reach about the 9th hole where it all slows up , due too a few short holes all together , par 3 , followed by a drivable par 4 then another par 3 .
In short I think you will enjoy it as you will have to think about your shots , if way would you will loose your ball.!
enjoy 😁

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well not a bad course but not brilliant. Very slow due to hotel guests hacking their way round, not sure a 4 ball should be waiting for two two balls in front:rolleyes:. Very much a plot your way round course, think I only pulled my driver 3 times. A bit more course knowledge would have saved me quite a few shots, and a couple of balls... The greens weren't great, very fluffy and bumpy but deceptively fast, and I've seen less pitch marks on a battlefield! The amount I repaired just on my line was ridiculous. But the real worry for me is how wet it was. We haven't had that much rain yet this year but in places it was very muddy underfoot, I'm not sure the course will stay playable that long when the weather turns properly. That said it could be a very nice course, its very new so needs time to mature, it will be interesting to go back in a year or two when its a bit more bedded in.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
how much did you pay, from what I have seen it looks quite expensive for what it is.

Have you played the municipal off the avenue recently, that was in great nick last time I played it in the summer

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£20 Steve, my mate got one of the reduced green fees through teeofftimes or something similar. Haven't played the muni for ages but its been much better since they did all that drainage work.

FuzzyDuck

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played this course today for the first time, paid £19 through GolfNow. They have a scheme where they stamp a card each time you play and after 5 rounds the next round is free.

I really enjoyed the course and it was in very good condition, pretty dry for the most part. I was expecting a fairly flat track but it's anything but. It was quiet, the nearest group to me were 3-4 holes in both directions. One or two confusing holes, the third in particular, as a driver would end up in the woods and it wasn't clear which way the fairway went. Will play again for sure.

I use an app on my Apple Watch called Fun Golf GPS, however this course wasn't found. I've since submitted details to get the course added.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played at BL after work earlier. Course wise i enjoyed it. A good mix of holes and interesting topography. Some lovely views from the highest points of the course. Will definitely return.

The downside is the drainage, or lack of. It is poor to say the least, which is surprising as the old 9 hole course was pretty good on that front.