booked a lesson

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I have just booked an hour lesson with my Pro. I have until 5.30 to decide what to work on. Nothing is going terribly wrong (in fact the opposite) what would you do if you were having the lesson?

Chris

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Ask for a video of my swing from both sides and have it emailed to me so that I have a record of my swing when 'everything was going right'.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have just booked an hour lesson with my Pro. I have until 5.30 to decide what to work on. Nothing is going terribly wrong (in fact the opposite) what would you do if you were having the lesson?

Cancel it?

D

Deleted member 3432

What is the weakest part of your game? What is stopping you shooting lower scores? We all have parts of our game we would like to improve on. If you are happy with the way you are hitting it at the moment maybe a short game lesson would help shave off a couple of shots a round. Putting lesson maybe, after all its the club we use more than any other

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Well I had a great lesson!

We chatted about the season and where I was at compared to my plans.

He looked at my swing, decided that the basics, grip, stance, posture, alignment were all good. The swing plane back to the top was as good as its ever been - then the bad bit, my occassional tendency to come over the top has changed and manifested itself into a very slight dip of the head (down and forward) which causes the club face to lift a little and gives the classic out to in path. We feel the dip has become the trigger to start the downswing and I clearly dont want that. The move is nowhere near as bad as 4/5 years ago, which was the classic throw of the right shoulder but does mean that I will miss greens.

Solution - spent about half hour at the lesson and 45mins afterwards working on a swing to the top and hold for a couple of seconds and then start downswing just letting the hands fall - result, dip eradicated and ball striking and dispersement improved and the good news is that it even worked with the driver.

Bob - I would certainly be interested in your comments!

Chris

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I would say the out to in swing is one of the most common and destructive faults in golf and one of the hardest to cure.
I like the drill pausing at the top of the backswing. Just be careful it doesn't become too pronounced and actually stop altogether.
If you have changed your swing path, then your plane will improve giving you improved contact and less divots...a good idea with a driver off a tee.
Good luck and happy driving :)

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I would say the out to in swing is one of the most common and destructive faults in golf and one of the hardest to cure.
I like the drill pausing at the top of the backswing. Just be careful it doesn't become too pronounced and actually stop altogether.
If you have changed your swing path, then your plane will improve giving you improved contact and less divots...a good idea with a driver off a tee.
Good luck and happy driving :)

Thanks for your input Bob

We did stop at the top for while as, after the pause, I tended to overswing from three quarters to start the momentum of the downswing.When I stopped and held for a couple of seconds the down swing came on the right path with "straight up and down the line" move.

Going back to the range now to practice before tommorrows medal competition.

Cheers Bob

Chris