Blue Badge owners discount

D

Deleted member 15344

The club follow a traffic light system based on health and safety due to some area where accidents have happened with trolleys

A buggy ban and trolley ban come in when it’s deemed the cause is not safe for either or if the is a potential for unreasonable damage - which can at times mean trolley or buggy bans for certain holes only

We are looking for more paths to be installed to help keep the course open for both buggies and trolleys more - it’s a shame there are some selfish people out there that ignore buggy routes or requests that trolleys be kept off the fairways etc - it seems some can’t bare to be more than a year away from their trolley

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m no legal expert so I would ask @chrisd ; if the club own the buggies do they have to right to not hire them out, without risk of breaching the act?
But if say someone has their own buggy, they don’t have the right to stop them using that?

Captain_Black.

Visit site
Have to say after playing my course twice in the last week.
There is no way buggies could be used.
We don't have any huge slopes, so I don't think they would pose a health & safety risk, but the damage they would cause would be immense
The course is so wet & boggy, there would be a real risk of a buggy becoming bogged down & stuck.

It's not possible to get any machinery on the course atm, so pulling out a stuck buggy would cause huge damage.
I feel for those that need a buggy to play, but to insist on using one in these conditions would ruin the course for others.
I carried yesterday, but was unable to play today due to a stiff / sore back & neck caused by carrying.
When conditions are like they are, it's not just the buggy users that are effected, but I get the frustration.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have introduced buggies for medical exemptions for most circumstances although there have been days when it has been too wet to even allow that and it has been carry only. I haven't heard of any discounts if members can't play. Same as the majority of members when the course is closed for whatever reason. No refund and just one of those things and I am sure deep in the small print somewhere will be something to say that

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
Many thanks ,the 2010 disability act isabout 290 pages long could you point out to me the relevant chapters re disabled golfers and what golf club owners should do to stop direct discrimination please

If your course is closed for buggies its going to be because the ground isn't safe for them to travel on. You pulling out the disability act of 2010 and trying cry discrimination isn't going to get you anywhere. Your not the first person who cant walk a golf course get miffed that they still pay full subs. Speak to your course about making concessions for someone like yourself. If they say no then look at other courses in the area and see if they do. Your definitely not going to get them to allow you out in a buggy when it isn't safe to do so.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
If your course is closed for buggies its going to be because the ground isn't safe for them to travel on. You pulling out the disability act of 2010 and trying cry discrimination isn't going to get you anywhere. Your not the first person who cant walk a golf course get miffed that they still pay full subs. Speak to your course about making concessions for someone like yourself. If they say no then look at other courses in the area and see if they do. Your definitely not going to get them to allow you out in a buggy when it isn't safe to do so.
WE assess the course daily for both H&S and playability. We have had days this year where the course was open and carry only except for buggy users who could play 1 & 18 only as their was no H&S reason for not allowing buggies on that part of the course. We have a very vocal buggy user, who previousley and unsuccesfully took the club to court for another unrealted matter.