Blocking Long irons, hybrids and fairway woods right

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SO I had been hooking the ball quite a bit with these clubs- pro said it was my face to path(swing Path was good he said) so had been working on it and now it's changed and my bad shot is a push to the right.

I know it's probably hard to give an idea without a video but any ideas on what I could probably be doing wrong? last night tried having 4 iron with ball in middle of stance and it went straight but this could have just been a one off fluke. Coming from the in to out with ball too far forward would make sense for a push?

Also sometimes it's a slice with my fairway wood rather than a push but that could be a number of problems as I struggle with 3 wood off the deck- need to practice more with it

Maccy

Club Champion
Visit site
Are you crossing your right hand over your left immediately after impact? I've been struggling with slicing recently and found a drill called 'catch the raindrop' which focuses on getting your left hand to open after impact, so your palm is facing up and mimicking the "catching of rain". Has helped me and has started producing nice, soft draws.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
that sounds like something that could help- can't find any videos of it though only MAMG website but seems to be the paid section.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
From what you've told us your swing path is good. You are just leaving the face square to path, causing the straight block. Slightly more open face is causing the slice.

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah I'm 99% sure its the face that's causing it but trying to rememdy it without going back to my flippy hands is causing the problem.

I just seen one video on it and might be something to do with my hip rotation to target- I think I might be sliding too much rather than turning

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would say for 3 hybrid, 4 iron and 5 Iron I was putting ball about left nipple so quite far forward.

I had weakened my grip a bit as it was ultra strong with right hand V pointing straight up middle of chest- now pointing to right armpit?

Last edited: